Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting started in Airsoft and currently have a Lancer tactical Proline (I know most people don't like Lancer but my gun has been great) Im located in the Austin Texas area.

I have always loved to tinker with any of my hobbies never been satisfied with just what can be bought off the shelf so I am definitely looking forward to teching. Some of my other hobbies mentioned are real steel fun, Trucks, 3d printing, wood and metal working, and 3d printing.

I am strongly considering into turning my lancer tactical into a DMR build replacing most parts on it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Greetings!!!

I suggest that you just shim the gearbox and run it until something breaks.
Then go from there replacing whatever parts you feel need replacing.
This will give you a good baseline to see if things are an upgrade or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings!!!

I suggest that you just shim the gearbox and run it until something breaks.
Then go from there replacing whatever parts you feel need replacing.
This will give you a good baseline to see if things are an upgrade or not.
Thanks. Definitely going to run as is or with little things like you mentioned for a wile. I am still figuring out my play style just thinking to the future. I have a lot to learn.
Do you know of any good videos or articles on gear box shimming?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Airsoft GI made an awesome video yesterday, and they have a whole series of videos with other useful info.

The 3 things I suggest that you get now are these parts, as they will definitely help with FPS and accuracy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Airsoft GI made an awesome video yesterday, and they have a whole series of videos with other useful info.

The 3 things I suggest that you get now are these parts, as they will definitely help with FPS and accuracy.
I have defiantly thinking about the max hope been undecided on a barrel after reading this Inner barrels resovled

but for now im just going to keep learning while I play with what I have. I would want to get another gun before I start doing too much with this one any way.
I did however convert my battery connection over to a deans connector last night.

Edit: as for the Airsoft GI video I think I added that to my watch later to start watching soon I need to check.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Make sure that you buy the SPORT model, I have the PRO and it's kinda delicate and not worth the extra $5.

With barrels, don't pay more than $50 for a barrel unless it's a sniper, and try to go stainless when possible.
Angel Custom is my favorite, but Action Army is good too.
Lambda and most others are super overrated.

That's definitely a good idea.
I would suggest maybe a PDW style thing like that Krytac one, but really anything else that you want would be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure that you buy the SPORT model, I have the PRO and it's kinda delicate and not worth the extra $5.

With barrels, don't pay more than $50 for a barrel unless it's a sniper, and try to go stainless when possible.
Angel Custom is my favorite, but Action Army is good too.
Lambda and most others are super overrated.

That's definitely a good idea.
I would suggest maybe a PDW style thing like that Krytac one, but really anything else that you want would be fine.
why not the sport I was kinda wanting the hold those three extra rounds but its no big deal?

I was planing on a PDW limited to 350 so I can play some of the indoor places around here.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The BB holder is secured very poorly and you will definitely knock it off by accident when separating your upper and lower receiver.
I have done it like 3 times and regret the PRO every single time lol.

I guess buy whatever you think looks cool and doesn't have terrible reviews.
Like I said, that Krytac is supposed to be good, a CYMA Platinum is great if you strictly use 7.4V batteries, and of course other things.

I read that barrel thing and it's really really dated, so I'll leave my experience.

Barrel straightness and bore quality are the most important in accuracy.
Barrel diameter does affect accuracy, but only with bad BBs, which is why widebores have better accuracy supposedly as they are less picky about BBs.
But that was like 10 years ago and BBs are held to a higher standard and most are good in a 6.01 barrel.
I suggest 6.01-6.03 as the less wasted air the longer your gun will last, as you can use a weaker spring.
And material, material matters a bit, but really not much.
I prefer stainless steel, but a coated brass like Action Army or the new Crazy Jet is even better in some ways.

That's basically it, just don't overthink it lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The BB holder is secured very poorly and you will definitely knock it off by accident when separating your upper and lower receiver.
I have done it like 3 times and regret the PRO every single time lol.

I guess buy whatever you think looks cool and doesn't have terrible reviews.
Like I said, that Krytac is supposed to be good, a CYMA Platinum is great if you strictly use 7.4V batteries, and of course other things.

I read that barrel thing and it's really really dated, so I'll leave my experience.

Barrel straightness and bore quality are the most important in accuracy.
Barrel diameter does affect accuracy, but only with bad BBs, which is why widebores have better accuracy supposedly as they are less picky about BBs.
But that was like 10 years ago and BBs are held to a higher standard and most are good in a 6.01 barrel.
I suggest 6.01-6.03 as the less wasted air the longer your gun will last, as you can use a weaker spring.
And material, material matters a bit, but really not much.
I prefer stainless steel, but a coated brass like Action Army or the new Crazy Jet is even better in some ways.

That's basically it, just don't overthink it lol
if its a pain defiantly not worth it.

Thanks for the barrel info its what I have been trying to figure out the most now.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,121 Posts
Personally, I would just get a ZCI barrel. They are cheaper than Angel Custom...I think and are just as good.
I seem to recall that stock lancer barrels are brass 6.03s. If you polish it up with an abrasive compound (car cutting compounds like Meguiars work well for brass) it should be just as good, if not better than most barrels you can purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally, I would just get a ZCI barrel. They are cheaper than Angel Custom...I think and are just as good.
I seem to recall that stock lancer barrels are brass 6.03s. If you polish it up with an abrasive compound (car cutting compounds like Meguiars work well for brass) it should be just as good, if not better than most barrels you can purchase.
Ill have to look into polishing my barrel that sounds like an easy mod right up my alley.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had one and quality was terrible. Returned it.

Wysłane z mojego KB2000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi agent 5 and welcome. I am new to this forum as well, but I'm not new to airsoft. If you have any questions, I'm around to help. I'm a Texan as well. Good to know I'm not the only one of my kind here lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi agent 5 and welcome. I am new to this forum as well, but I'm not new to airsoft. If you have any questions, I'm around to help. I'm a Texan as well. Good to know I'm not the only one of my kind here lol
Thanks. You definitely aren’t the only one of your kind here. Been playing 4 times in the last 2 weeks from starting and it seams that there are quite a few like us around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts