Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

New Rifle

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  woogie 
#1 ·
Hey guys ..... still lurking on the site .. being as i can't airsoft over here in Iraq.. kinda a downer.

But my question is ... how hard would it be to make a homemade sniper? Just a really basic but hard shooting, yet playable, rifle. I know that you can get just about any rifle out there and mod it up to do just that. But i was thinking about something different. Something that noone has seen before.

Now i know candyman and a few other have done wonderfull work before. But they used already assembled rifle, gutted them and then put a frame around them.

I was thinking of something that would be specificly built for a person that is on off.

Was wondering what some of the prices would be, as i don't wanna spend a ton of money but yet don't wanna crap rifle either.

oh and on a side note just heard from my wife, via msn, that my G&G M14 just showed up at the house... So now all i have to do if just wait till i get home in 2 months ::)

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
alright sounds good, I know that did sound really weird my previous post. But what i was thinking of is making a rifle that nobody has seen before. I am always looking to doing something different that the "crowd" .... and i will head on over and "intro" myself...

But yeah i went to college for automated manufacturing... so i can work CNC machines, Lathes and all the like.. all of which i have access to

Discussion starter · #7 ·
what i was thinking of is making an EDM arms Windrunner. I was thinking about possibly trying to get it to function like the real rifle. The windrunner you are able to take the barrel off and pack into a brief case. I know the AUG has a removable barrel and was gonna try and redo that or just use that barrel system and what not.

I love the WA2000 and i would like to make one using a FAMAS as it is already in the bull pup and easy to make a body around it. I have seen the geneth but that is a bolt action and not all that great. I would love to get my hands on an Ashani (sp?) but those are around $3000 for one that possibly doesn't work.

And with the CO2, i usually do alot of airgunning so i know a bit about that.....as well with paintballing. I have thought about doing that but those little capsules will react with the temp like the larger tanks will. That and you would be able to get some really high velocities if everything was milled out right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.