Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

New Rifle

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  woogie 
#1 ·
Hey guys ..... still lurking on the site .. being as i can't airsoft over here in Iraq.. kinda a downer.

But my question is ... how hard would it be to make a homemade sniper? Just a really basic but hard shooting, yet playable, rifle. I know that you can get just about any rifle out there and mod it up to do just that. But i was thinking about something different. Something that noone has seen before.

Now i know candyman and a few other have done wonderfull work before. But they used already assembled rifle, gutted them and then put a frame around them.

I was thinking of something that would be specificly built for a person that is on off.

Was wondering what some of the prices would be, as i don't wanna spend a ton of money but yet don't wanna crap rifle either.

oh and on a side note just heard from my wife, via msn, that my G&G M14 just showed up at the house... So now all i have to do if just wait till i get home in 2 months ::)

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forums, You wanna wanna spell check it. Anyway a Home made airsoft sniper rifle, hmm never heard of it. Your best bet to have a "Unique" rifle is to get a VSR-10, and put a Fortress M40A3 stock on it, it adds realism and looks pretty BA. But thats just for the rifles looks you'll want your internals to look good too, to put it on par you'll at least want it to have: PSS10 Zero Trigger w/Neo Piston, PSS10 Spring Guide w/ Bearing, PSS10 Sp130-170. Thats what Oakey recommended me. Anyway hope this helps.

Edit: Don't forget to make a post a introduction.

#3 ·
First off, welcome to the boards and thanks for joining. Secondly, thanks for serving our country. Third, it's a sniper rifle; the way you worded it makes it sound like you want to build a person.

I'm not sure exactly what you do in the service but if you happen to have a job that involves machining parts and using CNC mills, etc. Then you might have a shot at building your own rifle. To make a long story short, the answer is probably not. The cost would be more than buying and upgrading a rifle already available on the market.

So from here I'd say either modify your M14 into a SASR setup, or go with Spartan's advice and invest in a good bolt action platform. Upgrading your M14 to shoot at a higher FPS (somewhere between 450-500 is fine) and to have more durability is good for the airsofter who is on-off because if you decide you don't like the marksman role you can always switch tappet plates and springs so you have an automatic M14 again. If you decide on the bolt action, the VSR-10 like Spartan mentioned is a good, reliable gun and with some choice upgrades it would be a real naildriver.

#4 ·
alright sounds good, I know that did sound really weird my previous post. But what i was thinking of is making a rifle that nobody has seen before. I am always looking to doing something different that the "crowd" .... and i will head on over and "intro" myself...

But yeah i went to college for automated manufacturing... so i can work CNC machines, Lathes and all the like.. all of which i have access to

#5 ·
I think your best option is to just use the internals from another weapon and manufacture what will essentially be the "shell".

What type of gun were you thinking of replicating? In reality, there aren't all many sniper type rifles that haven't been imitated. For the most part, rifles fall into the Remington 700 model type or the Accuracy International model type, a Dragunov, or PSG-1. It's real easy for most guns to look alike simply by switching out a stock.

I'd like to see someone make a Walther WA-2000. This could pretty easily be done by converting a Steyr AUG, which have incredible accuracy. What I like about the Tokyo Marui version is that it primes the cylinder and loads a bb at the end of each cycle. This makes for a more realistic firing process as the bb goes when you squeeze the trigger. There's no hesitation as with other rifles. (I'm not sure if all TM's do this or just the Steyr AUG series).

If you're talking about making your own system from the ground up, I think the world is missing out on the 12gram CO2 advantages. As far as I know, it's not affected by temperature, but still doesn't need a whole spring or electrical assembly housed somewhere.

If you were to make your own system, and since you have a great deal of time on your hands, you could also think about making a rifle system that breaks down into a briefcase ala James Bond or whatever. I think there was a crappy (much worse than my Well Warrior to be sure ;) that broke down in half, but I haven't seen much about it anywhere.

#7 ·
what i was thinking of is making an EDM arms Windrunner. I was thinking about possibly trying to get it to function like the real rifle. The windrunner you are able to take the barrel off and pack into a brief case. I know the AUG has a removable barrel and was gonna try and redo that or just use that barrel system and what not.

I love the WA2000 and i would like to make one using a FAMAS as it is already in the bull pup and easy to make a body around it. I have seen the geneth but that is a bolt action and not all that great. I would love to get my hands on an Ashani (sp?) but those are around $3000 for one that possibly doesn't work.

And with the CO2, i usually do alot of airgunning so i know a bit about that.....as well with paintballing. I have thought about doing that but those little capsules will react with the temp like the larger tanks will. That and you would be able to get some really high velocities if everything was milled out right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.