Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I am a new person that is getting into air soft. I just recently played with some friends, and all I had was a pistol. One of the other people let me use their sniper rifle, and it felt GOOD. After that, my good friends and I have decided that we are going to get into air soft more. I have been researching about it online, and I have decided I want to be a sniper, because I am not very fast at running, I have tons of patience, and because I have a steady hand and careful aim (at least with that gun I used). I have figured out some good tactics, and now I need to find out what to get for a good kit. I know that I should have a good gun between 300-400 fps and I should have some extra clips. What else should I get? If it is something that I need to make, can i get some tips and/or instructions? Also, what are some upgrades and what do they do(I am really new to this)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello janzen14, Welcome to the Airsoft sniper forums. I personaly have been a DM for 1 year and I am now starting full fledged sniping. For a new sniper rifle I would reccomend a Jg Bar 10 GSPEC. This is the best one of those cheap man's sniper rifle, and if you really like sniping after that you could get a ghillie suit and or a mauruzen.( Pardon my spelling, Oh yes and this is Designated Marksman from MIA.)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree with fox. Even though I've never fired a JG Bar-10, I hear that they are actually good for a clone. But you should most likely have your sniper rifle go up to the 500 fps ranges. I think it's actaully a magazine, not a clip, unless you have a semi-automatic sniper rifle.
If you like it after having it for a while, then you should either get a VSR or Maruzen and buy a good scope.
Also, welcome to the boards. Just remember to read the rules and post with meaning or you'll have the mods tailing your back. ;)

Raptor

·
Registered
27 Posts
No no no no, Never buy from Airsplat. Half their guns come broken like my fellow sniper's Well/ Marui thing came witha loose bolt which fell of in the middle of a game which causing him to call him self out. Luckily he found all the parts and fixed it withn an alan wrench. I would never recommend a you tee gee, JG and Echo 1 are better clones

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah you'd buy that gun if you were completely new at sniping but you've rolled with a sniper rifle before in a game and know you like it and you seem to have the characteristics needed to be a good, performing sniper. Just don't get a UTG. If you don't have the money, then save it up for a JG or a TM VSR (great for it's price, and also not a clone). You say you have patience, so use it.

Raptor

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took your advice, and found a gun, the JG BAR-10. It looks like it is a very nice gun. The description I read said that it can be upgraded in many ways. What are these ways that it could be upgraded and what do they mean(speak in plain english)? thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hahaha, just one step closer.
Well, the rifle is based off of the TM VSR-10 concept and I hear that you can put practically the same upgrades in. I'll try to speak "English" for you.
You could put in a new, more powerful spring that raises the fps (feet per second) (speed) and a new trigger system. I don't think that the trigger system that comes with the BAR-10 can handle such a powerful spring, being that it's all cheap plastic.
You could ask one of the VSR experts like Oakey or those that have the BAR-10.

Raptor

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, I am selling some of my parents old electronics equipment on Craigslist and I should have the money soon. What is a good reliable site to buy from and where would I be able to get good upgrades for the gun???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, i finally have enough money to get my JG BAR-10. I figured I would get the upgrades with it. So far for upgrades, I figure I need to get a new spring guide, piston, and trigger sears . Which ones should I get(I'm using Airsoft GI) and are they easy to install. I am looking for the ones that will get me a lot of good games out of the gun. I don't want super expensive ones that make it good for 1 game. Please respond soon, I'm really anxious. Also, what type of BBs should I use that won't hurt my friends from 100 yrds away(too much!!!)

·
Registered
188 Posts
First thing, I would shop at www.airsoftatlanta.com for VSR parts, they seem to have quite a few. Look at this guide: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=59742 and get the parts for the setup you would like. I would talk to OaKeY more about VSR upgrading as he knows more than I do most likely. As for installation, It is fairly simple, find an internet guide by googling it like this one: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=81253 I do own a JG BAR 10 G-Spec which I will be using as a platform, I just have not had the money to buy upgrades.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just put my tighbore barrel on my gun. How do I know if I did it right?? I put the tiny little plastic thing on the end of the inner barrel, but I don't know if it was turned the right way. Also, BBs run out of the barrel when I point it down, is THAT normal also??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.