Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! I'm new to the sport. Just shopping around for kit stuff and weapons at the moment. I've played airsoft before but it was almost 15 years ago. Did a lot of paintball, mostly woods ball and scenario ball, in college and now that I have money to spend on airsoft I'm making some moves. Recently acquired a TM Mk23 and just purchased a few upgrades for it on evike. Now I'm looking for a sniper rifle. I'm considering getting a TM VSR10 (Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro Bolt Action Airsoft Rifle (Color: Black)) evike over the JG Bar 10, only because of the TM reputation for quality. I understand there are some serious upgrades to be made and if anyone has a short list on what those are that would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting out there with yall! Thanks for the help and posts along the way.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,604 Posts
Hello there...
Confidence in TM quality is somewhat misplaced given that their internal parts are pretty bad, and you need to replace practically everything. On the other hand, in some other VSR clones, the internals are far more solid. There are of course, the preupgraded alternatives as well.
I would look into:
  • Action Army T11
  • EMG Fieldcraft
  • Cyma 701 vsr clone
  • Modify Steyr Scout
  • Silverback SRS
  • Silverback Tac41
  • Archwick MK13

·
Registered
182 Posts
Seconding @BlackDogAirsoft. You better go for EMG Barrett Fieldcraft or T11 for starter. His other options, save Cyma, are all great snipers, but they are all high end snipers and so they cost hefty amount and I wouldn't really recommend those to whom just get to know to sniping. Or else if you really want to etch yourself to sniping and are sure to stay on sniping for a long long time.

·
Super Moderator
4,126 Posts
T11 or the EMG. They are roughly the same price as the TM and have upgraded trigger systems in them to start. (most expensive upgrade) you will probably still throw money at the 2 to upgrade them though. The Tac41 would be the next step as the rifle doesn't need anything to be good out of the box, save an upgraded spring. The others, while good, and certainly do work right out of the box, not all that cost effective.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T11 or the EMG. They are roughly the same price as the TM and have upgraded trigger systems in them to start. (most expensive upgrade) you will probably still throw money at the 2 to upgrade them though. The Tac41 would be the next step as the rifle doesn't need anything to be good out of the box, save an upgraded spring. The others, while good, and certainly do work right out of the box, not all that cost effective.
Oh I just looked at the tac41 visually i like the look of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discord. I picked up an SSG for 75.00 + 3mags. It was one that was deemed "just want it out of my hands".

Two screws, and basically a fully functioning rifle

That would fall within this MONTHS purchasing "starting" :censored: budget of 5xx.......

Cheers,
BroHay

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oklahoma Airsoft.

They tear into things and then don't know/have patience to fix and scream for Tech services.

I take my chances, and so far it has panned out for me.

There are a few guns available, and if stateside, can facilitate in getting it to its final home (ie you)

Not going to lie, it is sometimes like herding cats when trying to get things finalized b/c most of the sellers, in my case, are under the age of 20 (hence the good deals to be had......)

Cheers,
BroHay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts