Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a CA8-2 (KH SL9) on the cheap, already upgraded to 500! It needs some love, but this means I can move my G36c DMR internals and mix and match it and turn my G36c back into a "C" and still run all the same mags. I'm stoked! Pics later some time this week if people are interested in this gun.

Edit: Here are pics next to its "little" cousin:

I am still debating what I will do to mix up the scopes. The stock scope on the SL9 is a 3x, but it has a really bad field of view and eye relief.... I dunno...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear it! I'll post some pics here and see how people react before I do a review. Since this gun is discontinued I don't really see the point in doing a complete review if there's no interest, that and the fact that I got it used/pre-upgraded. I'll try and get some preliminary pictures up tonight just to show it off
. However I am planning to spend my next weekend (mon-tues) doing a complete breakdown and gutting the whole thing, re-enforcing the body where there might be some stress and re-working the entire gear box, so that would probably be the most ideal time to do a complete review, assuming that there isn't anything so broken that I can't find parts and get it back together in a day or two.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LoL that project is coming a bit slower. Got a drill press and most of the tools needed, having issues finding a block for the mold locally, but there is (yet another) project I am looking at for the SL9 re-build that will require some metal purchases, so if its convenient I'll buy them all online at the same time; then it'll just be a matter of trying to make the custom drill bit....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.