Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for reading my thread.For those of you out there who own an agm mp001, you know that upgrades are next to impossible to get for this rifle with the exception of the $250 upgrade kit from Edgi.Im not saying its a bad buy,just that you have other options.The first upgrade i discovered is that the cylinder will take L96 parts.I had a spare spring guide,piston,and spring from a utg l96.The L96s spring guide and spring will work with the stock mp001 piston.The utg L96 piston absolutely will not work in the mp001 because of the way the mp001 trigger is constructed.A utg L96 cylinder head WILL fit into the mp001 cylinder,but causes the rifle to slamfire due to the fact that the l96 cylinder head is to short where the threading is.Secondly,this rifle does in fact have a vsr trigger.I put in a steel vsr sear as well as a steel vsr piston sear and it works flawlessly.A zero trigger system will NOT work in the mp001 due to the fact that the mp001 cylinder is 10 percent smaller therefore not being able to fit the zero trig piston.And lastly,an L96 barrel will fit into the mp001 hopup but you will have to modify it slightly by cutting a groove into the exterior of the barrel.Its a long read, but hopefully it will save you some trouble.:tup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those of you still following this thread,I have some new information.I ordered a steel vsr sear and a steel vsr piston sear and everything fits perfectly.I ordered these parts from clandestine airsoft.Only cost 9 dollars for both parts.You dont have to mod these parts to fit at all.They are in fact drop in parts.These parts are shs sears for those of you wondering.Clandestine must rebrand them or something.I cant believe no one has replied to this thread.I thought you guys would be ecstatic.Oh well....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Useful information you have there but not many people actually have the AGM MP001 or 002 rifles! Most people are running more popular brands of gun such as the Tokyo Marui VSR 10 series of rifle or Maruzen APS2 system clones (Well/Warrior/UTG L96 for example). But nonetheless the information you have is still useful for those which DO run this rifle. :shot:

Zero

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its been along time since you have posted but figured I would give it a shot, I created an account just so I could thank you for the VERY useful information you have given to us. So thank you!! Not a lot of people upgrade this rifle so its hard for people like me to get any information about the parts without just ordering parts and trying them.

Well, now for my questions.

1. I was wondering if there are any metal pistons that will fit this gun?

2. I see you said you used a L96 spring, was it the same size as the original, and did it increase your FPS?

Thanks, Protosouls

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also have an old AGM MP001 back in 2007 with Edgi cylinder, barrel and sear most of the stock parts are already broken or worn out but the Edgi parts are very much intact and I am planning to transfer it to my Tercel M007 in the future if its possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one right now, but I don't have any parts to upgrade it. I spoke to someone about after he read my post on FB. I didn't know it would be such a bad rifle to use for the games. Price I pay for not researching on the subject i guess.

Anyway, he suggested that parts made by PDI are good parts to work with too. I'd really like to keep and upgrade my rifle, but the aspect of working with internal parts are way beyond me to where I don't know what to look for.

Can anyone help me on this matter?

--- I attached a photo of the rifle for an unknown reason. lol ---

Attachments

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
I have one right now, but I don't have any parts to upgrade it. I spoke to someone about after he read my post on FB. I didn't know it would be such a bad rifle to use for the games. Price I pay for not researching on the subject i guess.

Anyway, he suggested that parts made by PDI are good parts to work with too. I'd really like to keep and upgrade my rifle, but the aspect of working with internal parts are way beyond me to where I don't know what to look for.

Can anyone help me on this matter?

--- I attached a photo of the rifle for an unknown reason. lol ---
Welcome to the forum!

This thread was last posted 3+ years ago, please check the last post date before replying to a thread.

To answer your questions, the AGM MP001 is not a good platform to upgrade. There is very little aftermarket support for it. It is loosely compatible with VSR parts but not where it counts, like the cylinder or hopup chamber. Not even the magazines are 100% the same.

If you want to get into the tech/upgrade side of things I would strongly recommend that you save up and purchase a VSR-10 or one of its direct clones (JG BAR-10, WELL MB02, etc).

There are of course other options if you want to move away from the Model 700 SA design, but the VSR/clones are the Barbie dolls of airsoft sniping, everyone makes accessories for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.