Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

My name is Paul and i am new to airsoftsniping.

I bought a 3 month old upgraded Well Mb 03 for 230€ from a friend - i think ist a good deal...

I like the gun, everything works nice and smooth and it shoots straight.

The only issue i noticed is the Hitbox at About 60 Meter, the hits are not close to another and i think this could be better.

After reading a lot and checking everything on the gun, i think the issue is the Barrel length to cylinder Ratio.

My Goal is a good Hitbox at 70-80 Meter with heavy BBs (0.45g / 0.48g). Also i want to stay below 3 Joule.

BBs: 0.45g Longbows

FPS with 0.2g GG Bio BBs: 546 fps

Setup:

Well MB 03
Airsoftpro Zero Triggerunit Gen 4.1
Airsoftpro Piston
Airsoftpro Springguide
Airsoftpro 150 Spring
Mapleleafe Cylinder
Mapleleafe Cylinderhead
Mapleleafe Crazyjet 510mm
Mapleleafe MR Hop 70°
Actionarmy Hop Up Chamber
Stalker Panthera Nub
Barrel Spacer

Wich barrel/ barrellenght and wich bbs should i use?

i thought about an ML CJ 428mm and 0.45g or an ML CJ 370mm and 0.48g?

Thanks for youre recommendations and sorry for my english 😉

Stay healthy

·
Registered
705 Posts
How's your fps consistency? Do you have a chronograph? 370mm + .48 would be ideal. That said, I would doubt barrel ratios would affect your accuracy nearly as much as you are describing. There are numerous people here with terribly undervolumed systems that still perform incredibly well. Another thing I would look into is shimming your hopup arm. This can be done by putting pieces of scotch tape on either side of the arm and trimming them to size with a sharp blade.

Also, this may sound stupid, but make sure you aren't tilting the gun at all, and make sure the bbs aren't hitting anything on the way out of the barrel.

Reactions: Kenobi

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Most of the time you will not notice much of a difference with an under volumed system, though the bb will be slightly affected. If the system is massively under volumed, then you should notice a big difference. I once had a 650mm inner barrel and used 0.48gm bb's. The bb shot off in any direction at about 15 meters. LOL. If this happens this badly with this under volumed system, it will most likely be affecting the bb's trajectory if the system is slightly under volumed. Though not to the extent that I saw.
Most of the time, it will just be not getting you the maximum energy possible out of your system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast response!

I will check the shimming of the hop up!

With the 510mm barrel there is nothing to hit for the bb - fits perfect in the well mb 03 outerbarrel (thats the reason my friend used it without thinking about cylinder:barrel ratio).

I checked the fps consistency witch my acetech 5000 - i post the 10 last shots (0,2g GG Bios):

170.6 m/s
170.7 m/s
170.4 m/s
170.9 m/s
170.3 m/s
170.0 m/s
170.1 m/s
170.1 m/s
169.9 m/s
170.1 m/s
170.5 m/s

I think i will go for the 370mm CJ with 0.48g and check the Hopup, Barrel, Spacers etc. again.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Check what the energy is for the 0.48gm bb's you have. Then when you switch over to the 370mm inner barrel, you should see an increase in energy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank for the recommendation!

I like the pricerange of Maple Leafe and Action Army.. Edgi or Airsoft philosopher looks nice but you pay for it 😄

In my Saeg i like Lambda barrels but i didnt find one for vsr in Germany.

What do you think about the "Stalker Morpheus" Barrel 420mm? Its available at skirmahop.nl. I dont want to pay more than 80-100 euro for the Barrel.

I think joule wise i should go with 0.45g bbs in order to stay below 3 joule.
So the 420mm barrel should work - also it is a lot easier to find a Barrel in that lenght...

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I use Action Army barrel with good results. Then again, I can get good results with a stock barrel too. The advantage with aftermarket ones is that they are a tighter bore and so you don't lose so much air meaning you can get higher fps. But if I have an aftermarket 6.01mm barrel and a stock 6.08mm inner barrel and they are both shooting from rifles that are the same energy, then the accuracy seems to be pretty much the same.
So personally, I don't know if it is worth paying heaps for a barrel. The only reason I would pay a lot is to get one that is a tighter bore. Like maybe a 5.98mm inner barrel which seem to cost a lot and are hard to come by.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Just an Action Army 6.01mm x 370mm barrel (Good with 0.48gm). I like them because they are also a multi purpose barrel. They fit AEG's as well as GBB's and VSR10's

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use Action Army barrel with good results. Then again, I can get good results with a stock barrel too. The advantage with aftermarket ones is that they are a tighter bore and so you don't lose so much air meaning you can get higher fps. But if I have an aftermarket 6.01mm barrel and a stock 6.08mm inner barrel and they are both shooting from rifles that are the same energy, then the accuracy seems to be pretty much the same.
So personally, I don't know if it is worth paying heaps for a barrel. The only reason I would pay a lot is to get one that is a tighter bore. Like maybe a 5.98mm inner barrel which seem to cost a lot and are hard to come by.
very nice..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.