Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this on another forum:

"Unfortunately due to the trademarks and copyright licences held by Cybergun & Umarex no further imports of Tokyo Marui products covered by these licences can be legally imported in to this country as Tokyo Marui have no agreements with Cybergun or Umarex and pay no license fees. All future shipments from Tokyo Marui will be prohibited and as such seized by customs.

We are already looking into stocking viable alternatives."

Damn you Cybergun!

·
Registered
398 Posts
they dont, from my understanding, Cybergun actually bought the rights to the name "Tokyo Mauri" in a lot of European states, so the fact that a TM gun says "Tokyo Mauri" on it means they are violating cyberguns rights if it is not licensed. as well as other stuipidly generic airsoft terms like hop-up and AEG

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Well the generic terms being trademarked I can understand. The mythbusters couldn't even say "bubble wrap" in an episode because it is trademarked. But how can they buy the rights to a company name if it is already taken?

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
Cybergun does the same as in France!
They even have trademark "Hop up" not just real company names!!

This will probably affect many local stores as most of the airsofters will import TM guns from Asia without boxes and all trades covert!

Wolf

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
They are staying legal, though being douche bags about it.

Would be like me buying a trademark for "food". And anytime anyone says food or anything like that on TV, Radio, Movies, or what ever.... man I would be rich in no time!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tokyo Marui is one of the, if not THE, largest and most iconic airsoft brand too.

I just hope this doesn't last; I want Cybergun to fall very soon!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
They are staying legal, though being douche bags about it.

Would be like me buying a trademark for "food". And anytime anyone says food or anything like that on TV, Radio, Movies, or what ever.... man I would be rich in no time!
Unfortunatly you are so right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think this is only effecting Zero One at the moment, as Fire Support have said they're getting more TM stuff in on Monday, and a couple of other UK retailers haven't heard anything about it and are still getting TM stock in.

And as for trades, my TM Glock has trades on it, also has "Made in Japan" and "Tokyo Marui" on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.