Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

anyone else used one of these?
it's a moa riser that allows yo to compensate up to 540MOA designed for paintball called Tiberius arms FSR riser.
I'm planning to use it on my S Rifle.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Bb's with spin will have a much flatter trajectory and fly out further. I see no point in using a rifle without hopup in airsoft, really. Paintballers and real steel shooters don't have hopup, they need to aim higher to hit their target and if they had the same energy levels as our airsoft pellets they'd reach nowhere near as far. Even pellet air guns with many times our energy levels have trouble reaching out to the same distances as our airsoft bb's because of their lack of hopup.

Well, I'm not stopping you, but it's pretty pointless to do in my opinion :shrug:

·
Registered
201 Posts
The best record for a hopped sub joule airsoft gun in some official competition(look up gungitube 30m challenge) in Japan was slightly under 8cm grouping for a 10shot string. Perhaps you could first try shooting your S at 30m and compare the results.
But to be honest, if I have to aim at a target 40' above his head, I would sooner hit some overhanging foliage than the bb actually finding its mark.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The best record for a hopped sub joule airsoft gun in some official competition(look up gungitube 30m challenge) in Japan was slightly under 8cm grouping for a 10shot string. Perhaps you could first try shooting your S at 30m and compare the results.
But to be honest, if I have to aim at a target 40' above his head, I would sooner hit some overhanging foliage than the bb actually finding its mark.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
My sniper is shooting 550fps and I get 17MOA at 60 m in very light wind but I didn't measure accuracy accuacy at 30m. I'll do a test at 550fps and another at 1j to compare results
Those guys in Japan got 9,1MOA with [email protected] .

P.S.
I've watched the vid you said but that guy shows a piece of paper with 157mm diameter grouping not 8, meaning 18MOA.
As far as I know for grouping you take into consideration diameter not radius as a reference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bb's with spin will have a much flatter trajectory and fly out further. I see no point in using a rifle without hopup in airsoft, really. Paintballers and real steel shooters don't have hopup, they need to aim higher to hit their target and if they had the same energy levels as our airsoft pellets they'd reach nowhere near as far. Even pellet air guns with many times our energy levels have trouble reaching out to the same distances as our airsoft bb's because of their lack of hopup.

Well, I'm not stopping you, but it's pretty pointless to do in my opinion :shrug:
Yes the flat trajectoy helps a lot and there are many other advanages like being able to use a regular scope to watch the bb trough, but with 550fps at 75m the grouping of my sniper was terrible compared to this one. Also you can't use ballistics with a hop up although theoretically you could.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
But a man sized target at 75m is an easy task for a hop-up rifle, the big advantage is that it can reach out much further than 75m.

I'm not sure about the accuracy at closer range, though, but a hop-up gun will reach out further :tup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are some barrels with no hop up for IPSC. You get better grouping without Magnus force, pure ballistic. The down side you need more speed and greater shooting slope for bigger distances

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
There is another thing now I've just noticed. Hop up affects accuracy on vertical axis which is not a big issue when shooting a standing man but on horizontal axis it doesn't that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts