Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem I've had with it over a year of ownership is the hop-up wouldn't stay set after firing much...put an o-ring in the unit and no problems since.

I've got quite a bit of playtime on it both as a secondary and primary, and I favor full auto.
great info, by any chance do u have a tm hicapa would u say the reliability is comparable?

·
Registered
2017 Ford Raptor
217 Posts
I've not owned one, but I've seen them around. Reliability is comprised of many things. OOTB the SSP18 probably has better parts, and thus without maintenance I would think would last longer. If I need replacement parts I go to Nov's site and buy exactly what I need from the spare parts section - easy peasy - which is really helpful. I've heard the HiCapas have a lot of parts available but my experience with other guns says it requires a lot of research to find what is actually compatible with your gun, then you order several parts just to be sure and only one works. So the SSP18 has the edge there too - assuming Nov stays in business.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've not owned one, but I've seen them around. Reliability is comprised of many things. OOTB the SSP18 probably has better parts, and thus without maintenance I would think would last longer. If I need replacement parts I go to Nov's site and buy exactly what I need from the spare parts section - easy peasy - which is really helpful. I've heard the HiCapas have a lot of parts available but my experience with other guns says it requires a lot of research to find what is actually compatible with your gun, then you order several parts just to be sure and only one works. So the SSP18 has the edge there too - assuming Nov stays in business.
Very true, am definitely leaning towards the nova..

·
Registered
VW Sharan
94 Posts
I have it almost six months now. It is nothing extraordinary . I've never reached the advertised power of 0.5 joules . It reaches 0.42 Joules with full battery . It is the most expensive one of my six Electric pistols . Others are SYMA and Tokyo Marui. This one is lightest one about 1 lb compare to others where some of them are over 2 lbs. It is good to have a few spare magazines as they hold 28-29 BB's .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have it almost six months now. It is nothing extraordinary . I've never reached the advertised power of 0.5 joules . It reaches 0.42 Joules with full battery . It is the most expensive one of my six Electric pistols . Others are SYMA and Tokyo Marui. This one is lightest one about 1 lb compare to others where some of them are over 2 lbs. It is good to have a few spare magazines as they hold 28-29 BB's .
I think your confusin the sse-18 electric and the one i asked for info which is the ssp-18, i do actually have the sse- 18 though for abkut the same
Time you have it, i like it very much but use it mostly for plinking and back yard shooting its great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts