Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
I reckon an aap01 clone, he already has 2 hi-capas, a mk23/303, g18 aep, so why not use the gbb Glock base for an aap clone at this stage.

Would have the benefit of using mostly existing parts which saves on R&D.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
That's a Hi-Capa, they're about as eye catching as it gets unless you have a WW2 gun, an Uzi/MAC10-11, or a Desert Eagle. I'm sure there will be colored parts and accessories for this thing, plus the infinite amount of already available parts you can get.

@Ambush Boi you can and should condense your stuff into one post, and avoid double posting when possible. It makes the thread read better and shortens it.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
$169 seems high to me, but upon further inspection, the SSP1 is $189.
At that point I think you are 100% better off buying a KJW from another site, as it is the company who makes his pistols and they use all of the same parts that matter. If you get a KJW from another site you'll be more likely to get deals, coupons/discounts, and free or cheaper shipping.

Don't believe the hype, now most of his pistols are 100% overpriced, something I would not have said when the SSP1 used to be $135.

· Registered
922 Posts
$169 seems high to me, but upon further inspection, the SSP1 is $189.
At that point I think you are 100% better off buying a KJW from another site, as it is the company who makes his pistols and they use all of the same parts that matter. If you get a KJW from another site you'll be more likely to get deals, coupons/discounts, and free or cheaper shipping.

Don't believe the hype, now most of his pistols are 100% overpriced, something I would not have said when the SSP1 used to be $135.
Did you even read the description/the link I posted? It has tons of features the kjw doesnt. Fixed outer barrel, unibody hopup outer setup, silicone autobot, light aluminum housing, dual recoil springs. Its better in every way...

· Registered
3,685 Posts
There is a mod to give tilting barrel guns a fixed barrel, I forget where, but I'm sure it's a short search away.

2021 Autobot is $10, not that big of a selling point.

A Guarder BBU is like $14, I have one and the quality is good, and it weighs nothing.

A lot of guns have aluminum slides, including all of the KJW 1911s and 2011s afiak.
A good deal of others out there too, as a zinc alloy pot metal slide would be ungodly heavy and not great. I don't want a Hi Point lmao.

The guard hop chamber is pretty good and like $12 (I have one) and doesn't leave a ton to be desired over other chambers. TDC is good and all, but it's beginning to become too much of a selling point, as it's really quick and easy to pop the slide off of a Hi-Capa or 1911 and adjust the hop. I guess a TDC is fine, but tool-less adjustment is more important than tool adjustment, as keeping track of a proprietary tool or an Allen key is pretty hard in a rough environment.

Idk what dual recoil springs do unless they're stacked like a Gen4/Gen5 Glock, where they help with recoil. That's not what you want in a GBB, where you usually try and get as much recoil as possible, while failing miserably.

The SSP5 is cooler to me as it has way better stuff, but I think Nov may be switching directions somewhat. Still, $170 plus $30 mags isn't exactly budget, so I wouldn't really consider this a budget gun.

Fixed barrels aren't uncommon, here's a number, and there are more on other sites too. Moving barrel isn't a big deal, most real pistol barrels more, they just have to move into the same place repeatedly.

· Registered
922 Posts
There is a mod to give tilting barrel guns a fixed barrel, I forget where, but I'm sure it's a short search away.

2021 Autobot is $10, not that big of a selling point.

A Guarder BBU is like $14, I have one and the quality is good, and it weighs nothing.

A lot of guns have aluminum slides, including all of the KJW 1911s and 2011s afiak.
A good deal of others out there too, as a zinc alloy pot metal slide would be ungodly heavy and not great. I don't want a Hi Point lmao.

The guard hop chamber is pretty good and like $12 (I have one) and doesn't leave a ton to be desired over other chambers. TDC is good and all, but it's beginning to become too much of a selling point, as it's really quick and easy to pop the slide off of a Hi-Capa or 1911 and adjust the hop. I guess a TDC is fine, but tool-less adjustment is more important than tool adjustment, as keeping track of a proprietary tool or an Allen key is pretty hard in a rough environment.

Idk what dual recoil springs do unless they're stacked like a Gen4/Gen5 Glock, where they help with recoil. That's not what you want in a GBB, where you usually try and get as much recoil as possible, while failing miserably.

The SSP5 is cooler to me as it has way better stuff, but I think Nov may be switching directions somewhat. Still, $170 plus $30 mags isn't exactly budget, so I wouldn't really consider this a budget gun.

Fixed barrels aren't uncommon, here's a number, and there are more on other sites too. Moving barrel isn't a big deal, most real pistol barrels more, they just have to move into the same place repeatedly.
So with all the the time and money spent upgrading the kjw, why not just buy this with all of it. Also none of those guns have the tdc or unique unibody fixed barrel/chamber. Looks like someome doesn't wanna admit there's a good novi product on the market...

· Registered
3,685 Posts
Nov makes good guns sometimes, but not always. I'm sure this is good, but it's more of a "lazy beginner" airsofter gun than a high value gun, as the SSP1 used to be a medium value gun a few years ago until it costs $190 for a $130 KJW with a bad purple bucking and slide from one model put onto the frame of another. With DIY stuff, a cheaper gun, and parts you'd be able to duplicate the performance of this product, with little to no losses in build quality. You could even buy a couple Nov parts and chuck them in a cheaper but good gun like a KJW.

This plus some polishing and shimming will leave you at $157 before coupon codes you will be able to apply, so you've got an equivalent gun for $13 less, with free shipping, while you'd probably spend another $10-30 on shipping from Nov depending on what else you get.

Like a said, it's more like an iPhone product as it's obviously more expensive than some serious competitors, but it it performs decent when you buy it, hopefully.

· Registered
922 Posts
Nov makes good guns sometimes, but not always. I'm sure this is good, but it's more of a "lazy beginner" airsofter gun than a high value gun, as the SSP1 used to be a medium value gun a few years ago until it costs $190 for a $130 KJW with a bad purple bucking and slide from one model put onto the frame of another. With DIY stuff, a cheaper gun, and parts you'd be able to duplicate the performance of this product, with little to no losses in build quality. You could even buy a couple Nov parts and chuck them in a cheaper but good gun like a KJW.

This plus some polishing and shimming will leave you at $157 before coupon codes you will be able to apply, so you've got an equivalent gun for $13 less, with free shipping, while you'd probably spend another $10-30 on shipping from Nov depending on what else you get.

Like a said, it's more like an iPhone product as it's obviously more expensive than some serious competitors, but it it performs decent when you buy it, hopefully.

As an Android user through and through, a modern iPhone's hardware stacks up against a modern, comparitively priced Android in every way.

It's for people (like me) that don't wanna bother with messing with/upgrading a new platform. I wanna focus on my aeg and vsr. I'd like to just have a solid reliable secondary that I don't have to mess with.

· Registered
774 Posts
As an Android user through and through, a modern iPhone's hardware stacks up against a modern, comparitively priced Android in every way.

It's for people (like me) that don't wanna bother with messing with/upgrading a new platform. I wanna focus on my aeg and vsr. I'd like to just have a solid reliable secondary that I don't have to mess with.
To be fair I don't think there's that much to do with an Android either, unless you wanted to do crazy shit with it. Pretty much all Android Phones functionally are identical to their Apple counterpart outside of the vastly different interface(s).

For the SSP01/02, I won't buy it but frankly that's because I'm a looks guy (where the Army guns really did it well especially the 603).
As beginner guns that is more "buy it and use it until something fails in the middle", IMO like many of the Novritsch stuff they serves exactly that purpose decently and, unless you live in places where everything they offer don't compete in pricing, they do a decent job at that bar some ridiculous early QC problems and CS issues.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
Yeah, pretty much, it's definitely a "lazy" pistol targeted at non tech people who want a pistol. Idk how longevity is, my old SSP1 bit the dust at 10K shots after the hammer wore off it's pivot pin, which is a $43 part that I've been postponing, as I'd need more mags since all 4 are totally broken, and I don't really care about GBBs now that I've used NBBs.

I think that the company is switching it's business model again, to people who don't care about teching or improving their guns at all. He's got a captive audience situation going on, where you buy his expensive BBs, $65-135 RMRs you can get for a quarter of that on AliExpress, $33 basic MK23 mags, and all of his painfully overpriced stuff he now sells. You legit can't buy 5.11 boots for $20 less with free shipping from 5.11 themselves lmao?

Forgot about the Army guns (we call them Army Armament in the states) , they seem to be super solid and are pretty cheap depending on where you get one.
You can get a solid KJW for $125, I verified that, and the Army ones are even cheaper.
Also a couple others you could make a kickass "sleeper" gun from for sub SSP2 prices.
The R608 from megastore looks sick imo

1 - 20 of 60 Posts