Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

· Registered
779 Posts
Yeah I'm aware it's called Army Armaments but I'm just lazy lol

10k with something blowing apart is already pretty good, the Marui provides only a 4k no breakage guarantee with 134a gases

On that regard I don't think his business really changed that much after all
The SSG24 was sold as the hassle free out of the box dominating VSR10 alternative, the SSG10 as the next OOTB ready best rifle (lol SSG24), similarly the SSP01 even if it is somewhat more suspect

That has been the sales pitch of Novyboi business since like the day he began sales pitching the Modify M24 -> SSG24 and wasn't exactly catered to dedicated or intermediate-advanced players who can tech

· Registered
3,721 Posts
Yeah, the SSG24 was kinda overpriced, but he was getting his start.

SSP1 was obviously a KJW but with a little different slide, but would kick like a mf and be okay(mine died after 10K on CO2).

SSG10 was and is a kickass gun, as the parts are all as good as upgrade parts except the chamber and bolt handle/cap.
Pretty much always better off using it as a base gun instead of another one, as you'll save a ton of money unless you need stuff you can only get from parts, in which case you build from select SSG10 parts without buying the whole thing.
SSG10 - A1 $299, A2 $399, A3 $429
25 year warranty

SSX23 was a solid gun, but has now been beaten HARD by the Matrix Falcon which I just did a review on. With his mags being $33 from their previous $25 ➡ $29, while mags for the Falcon are $28 and there's some others on Evike for $26. The gun just has better stuff in and on it, and costs $10 less as of early 2023.
SSX23 - $149

SSR-15 was dumb, really expensive M4 with shit internals, about on par with all the other guns VFC makes.
SSR-15 - $599
25 year warranty

SSP18 was alright as a pistol, but it's $199 now, and you can build something as good for less without trying super hard. I think KJW sells pretty much the same thing now.

SSX303 was and is a pretty good gun for $299, and there's no other MK23 carbine kits out there made of aluminum with an aluminum barrel extension, that come with a stock, longer inner barrel, and buffer tube. Solid buy if you want a cheap and quiet DMR, or assault if you're into low capacity expensive HEAVY mags. Like 3X heavier than real MK23 mags loader with .45 ACP.

SSE18 is an expensive AEP, but has some better features and parts than most. For $119, I guess that's alright.

SSR90 seems solid and has a really nice hop chamber, while the main competitor, Krytac, has theirs for $64 more.
At $385, expensive ish, but not bad compared to building it yourself, as you'd probably want to buy his chamber anyways.
25 year warranty

SSR4 is a beginner M4 for $249-$329. You're better off getting a Double Eagle AX-15 with the poly handguard and a Maple Leaf 2021 70° bucking, but the SSR4 in the cheap model will be perfectly decent.
25 year warranty

SSG96 is the best L96 rifle out their as of writing, basically the SSG10 but in a heavier, cooler looking, and more expensive form. Hop chamber leaves something to be desired, but all in all a decent gun.
SSG96 - $349
25 year warranty

SSP5 is a unique and very high end Hi-Capa, it essentially beats all others for performance and maybe even longevity, and houses some good bits of design work like the steel hammer pivot, hop chamber, and slide/BBU.
At $289 it's expensive, but you couldn't build it for less. Not sure if the frame is aluminum or zinc alloy though, as zinc like my old SSP1 would be a huge turn off and prompt me towards buying his parts EXCEPT the frame, and get a more expensive aluminum one.

SSP2 is pretty much the SSP1 but with a TDC, fixed barrel, and has a better bucking that Nov should have been using 2 years ago.
The split slide is not actually a split slide, the compensator is just attached to the rail and barrel giving that effect. Not a super good deal, you could build more for $10-60 less depending on sales and discounts, but it's not an outlandishly bad deal. Like I've said a few times, it's the iPhone of airsoft pistols, meant for people like your parents or grandparents who think they need something engineered to make you lazy, that is actually no better than the competition for the most part. All at a price, and with GOD DAMNED EXPENSIVE ACCESSORIES.

· Registered
474 Posts
You guys need to buy the cheap pistols and upgrades you keep talking about, up them together, then realize you paid more for a still lesser product. Like, have you actually held an Army Armament pistol? It is as shit as Vorsk. And no, none of these will take TM upgrades drop in.
And that's yall consider your time to be free.

· Registered
481 Posts
As with the ssg, there's a wider appeal than simply beginners/lazy/non tech-savvy players and none of those terms are negative as far as I am concerned. Some people don't care about chasing every possible incremental improvement......(which are arguably psychological rather than practical to a reasonable degree).......because the stock gun performance is perfectly acceptable.

If it can hop a range of ammo, propel them consistently and reliably, what's the point of gilding the lily?

Like I've said a few times, it's the iPhone of airsoft pistols, meant for people like your parents or grandparents who think they need something engineered to make you lazy, that is actually no better than the competition for the most part
Or, for people who don't worry about better/best/bigger/faster/more because you can chase numbers down that rabbit hole ad nauseaum and all you've really gained is the satisfaction of having done so. If it could be proven that a pistol built on another base - let's use the KJW base as an example - could be better for less I'd buy that pistol and those parts......but....

What's better? I don't mean in absolute terms (1 fps difference is better than 2fps) but rather a metric that we can use to determine, without fear of contradiction, that one item performs in a superior manner to another. Hard to quantify right? It's not lazy to want a problem-free solution or to buy a product on the basis of its positive attributes - having a pre-installed TDC, decent bucking and inner barrel, fixed outer barrel, good BBU, and a nice magazine capacity.

· Registered
576 Posts
You guys need to buy the cheap pistols and upgrades you keep talking about, up them together, then realize you paid more for a still lesser product. Like, have you actually held an Army Armament pistol? It is as shit as Vorsk. And no, none of these will take TM upgrades drop in.
I think you missed two factors, time might be free if the person loves tinkering and upgrading for many that's part of the hobby and looks.

Not disagreeing with you could end up with something technically inferior for the same price or better but cost more or better for less.

Now I hate hi-capas, I think they look ugly as hell yet in a glorious statement of irony my favourite sidearm is my army armament jw3 combat master. It's performs well in its role and has been reliable to me in stock form, not saying it's the best pistol ever but it does make me smile whenever I pull it out because of its link to the movies. (Insert rude joke here).

Its all subjective depending on the role the user is expecting the gun to fill.

I don't like the aesthetic design of most of novs stuff it's all very speedy racegun design generally. No point in getting it if the design doesn't make you happy as well.

· Registered
474 Posts
I love tinkering so indeed I would not calculate it the same way as I make a build for someone.
But we are talking about pure cost for general, then time is part of the cost, it's time you could work, enjoy other hobbies etc, majority will not consider getting their hands oily, dirty, inhaling metal dust enjoyble. So the least one should do when comparing price is factoring in a local tech's rate or their own income per hour.

· Registered
3,721 Posts
I guess I'd assume that you'd do the stuff yourself, but if you're paying a tech to put a gun together for you then the SSPs start to look a a lot more friendly.

This seems a more budget gun sort of for beginners, but it's still out of the budget of most when you factor in spare mags, consumables, and all the necessary gear. I think that a $120 offering would be much better at hitting that audience. This pistol seems like an in between option if you're not enthused by the looks though, so I don't see it having a big place in the market. Even more so with the SSP1.

I'm curious about longevity of the newer SSP1 and the SSP2, as I'd hope you'd get more than 10K rounds out of them before they break like with my SSP1.

· Registered
481 Posts
Eh, half a dozen vs. 2 x 3 in the final analysis I reckon.
10k rounds is a lot of shooting for me so if it only lasted that long I wouldn't mind......even better would be identifying the cause so I could futureproof any potential purchase. I guess the biggest factor I hadn't considered is that shipping to me from the EU would be on the low side, whilst the US is a more expensive proposition - of course, vice versa for you guys in the states!

· Registered
3,721 Posts
The things that died in the SSP1
4X CO2 mags
2X slide stops
Safety
Hop chamber
Outer barrel
Rear sight screw(not too abnormal, but lost my rear sight)
And the main part, the frame. The hammer pivot point wore away, and the gun would not stay cocked.

I replaced all the parts except the frame, got a new BBU, and got ready to shoot it until I realized the frame was bad. For $43 plus shipping and more mags, I've been sitting on the thing for 3-4 years since mags are expensive and I like my MK23 more.

I shoot a lot, probably $450 in BBs a year, so I'd like my stuff to last with that round count. I've got a .22 rifle with EASILY 12K rounds through it that cost $120, and is much more durable and well made. Idk why we can't hold airsoft to higher standards, as you can buy an AR-15 for $400 that'll be stronger than pretty much any airsoft gun out there, and with less expensive spare parts availability too.
If a Glock clone can be $299 and an AR-15 be $400, I don't see why a GBBR can't be as durable and as cheap while using the same materials.

The GHK Glock is fair enough, $350 in Asia for pretty near a real Glock, and with the PSA Dagger being $299, I'd say that's a step in the right direction. A Hi Point is like $200 and is infinitely more durable than any airsoft gun, so I'd like to see that toughness and price translate over to airsoft. Mags too, Glock Pmags are like $14 for rugged plastic, so I don't see why plastic $20 mags can't be a thing. Shopping around for airsoft pistols recently and saw a ton of $15 25 round 1911 mags, which makes me think that we're getting ripped off with every other gas mag....

I guess I've grown used to the stuff Novritsch used to release, but now the stuff isn't as high above the competition as once before.

· Registered
779 Posts
Yes, I've been buying quite a few of those Army Armaments pistols.

And make no mistake, the hopup quality OOTB is junk because the plate was misaligned, but it's an easy fix aside (bend the hop up plate back in), they perform fine enough it's not like they had severe performance problems (not having issues like significantly worse cool down or whatever), it's overall like what, less than 100usd per pistol for the less flashy models and 150 for the tacticool ones. They are compatible in some parts aside you can run through a few of them before it becomes a concern.

The later ones (recent TTI licensed versions to be exact) features actual CNC aluminum slides too which is really insane for the buck.

And well they look flashy which is what it mattered to me :ROFLMAO:, recently I just don't play that much airsoft to the point durability concerns me too much

Reactions: SiliconeSword

· Registered
923 Posts
The things that died in the SSP1
4X CO2 mags
2X slide stops
Safety
Hop chamber
Outer barrel
Rear sight screw(not too abnormal, but lost my rear sight)
And the main part, the frame. The hammer pivot point wore away, and the gun would not stay cocked.

I replaced all the parts except the frame, got a new BBU, and got ready to shoot it until I realized the frame was bad. For $43 plus shipping and more mags, I've been sitting on the thing for 3-4 years since mags are expensive and I like my MK23 more.

I shoot a lot, probably $450 in BBs a year, so I'd like my stuff to last with that round count. I've got a .22 rifle with EASILY 12K rounds through it that cost $120, and is much more durable and well made. Idk why we can't hold airsoft to higher standards, as you can buy an AR-15 for $400 that'll be stronger than pretty much any airsoft gun out there, and with less expensive spare parts availability too.
If a Glock clone can be $299 and an AR-15 be $400, I don't see why a GBBR can't be as durable and as cheap while using the same materials.

The GHK Glock is fair enough, $350 in Asia for pretty near a real Glock, and with the PSA Dagger being $299, I'd say that's a step in the right direction. A Hi Point is like $200 and is infinitely more durable than any airsoft gun, so I'd like to see that toughness and price translate over to airsoft. Mags too, Glock Pmags are like $14 for rugged plastic, so I don't see why plastic $20 mags can't be a thing. Shopping around for airsoft pistols recently and saw a ton of $15 25 round 1911 mags, which makes me think that we're getting ripped off with every other gas mag....

I guess I've grown used to the stuff Novritsch used to release, but now the stuff isn't as high above the competition as once before.

When you say they died, do you mean you broke them or they broke from regular use?

· Registered
3,721 Posts
When you say they died, do you mean you broke them or they broke from regular use?
The mags after a while, and even after replacing the valves in one, will flood CO2.
The slide stops for a while were shit, 2 snapped when I was using the gun and I now have a different brand one for whenever I fix the thing.
The safety sorta just sheared off where the 2 pieces attach inside, and I needed a new one as the gun wouldn't really work without it if I'm remembering correctly.
Hop chamber screw holes got mangled from coming loose and the two halves moving, and the outer barrel messed it up too.
The outer barrel got really work out from the hop chamber rubbing against the things that hold it in, and it would cause the slide to get stuck.
Rear sight screw fell out and I lost my rear site. Not out of the ordinary, classic Hi-Capa and 1911 thing, but annoying nonetheless.
The steel hammer wore a huge groove into the pin it pivots on in the frame to the point it would no longer catch and let the gun cycle or shoot unless you held the trigger down and dropped the slide, where you would get a single shot or burst. The new SSP5 frame has a steel post so this should not be an issue, but it sucks that I need a new frame after wasting a bunch of money on parts I didn't need while trying to make the gun work.

I used CO2 for the most part, and put about 10,000 BBs through it, and I feel this is a bit of a disappointment as the marketing for the pistol said it was "insanely rugged" and things like that. If Novritsch was more honest and hyped the durability way less I wouldn't be as disappointed, but I also would likely not have gotten the damn thing.

On a different note, I know a guy who's looking to get rid of an SSP1 with a Guarder BBU and hop chamber, new barrel, new bucking, new outer barrel, new safety, new slide stop, new sears, new springs and pins, 4 functional CO2 mags, and a functional green gas mag. Barely used, never fielded. No lowballs, I know what I've got. I mean the guy I know...

· Registered
474 Posts
If co2 is most what you use, including summers, other pistols will do much, much worse.
The SSP2 is massively better than a Army Armament no matter how you put it. Say you tap the outer barrel, replace the BBU, install steel sears, you still has a lesser BBU because the SSP2 has dual nozzle return spring, the homemade TDC will be less clean than the SSP2 one, the safey will not be as solid as the SSP2 one which is bolted together and it will cost you the same if not more, unless you don't want to admit and ignore all the info on SSP2 spec page.

· Registered
779 Posts
I mean, nobody sane was saying the Army Armament one is mechanically better (in stability or durability) than the SSP02 OOTB, I don't think anyone actually argues about that

In my situation tho the costs when either pistols give way I probably would end up spending similar amounts of money so it wasn't too appealing to me, and I just liked the black/gold combo or whatever swag colours they are offering:ROFLMAO:

In the end, if it could reliably hit an A4 target about 30m in (which both my current ICS challenger and Army R603 can, with a Unicorn bucking), and doesn't cool down like mad it's generally sufficient for any encounters here

The one thing I really disliked about the ICS was using is how shit the mag release button which caused me to drop mags and broke my phone screen once (it seems to be some really shit pot metal which wore down even quicker than Marui or Army) so I wonder if the SSP02 got that fixed

21 - 40 of 61 Posts