Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Registered
576 Posts
After some thought I'm a bit disappointed that it's just another hi capa though. Imagine if he took on another platform that doesn't have the aftermarket support already like the hi capa.

A Baretta 92/m9 would probably sell well and we haven't seen a new one released in forever.

Or a HK style pistol or browning hi power, so many options where we don't already have strong contenders and make something more unique.

· Registered
3,721 Posts
I'm hoping that he invents something new, but I don't see that happening. The Silencerco gun is cool, and so is the AAP01, but I think it takes a lot of time and money to make a new gun from nothing.

I want a light weight gun with light mags, as carrying gas mags is heavy, and any gas pistol with a mag in it just feels too wobbly and heavy no matter how or where I mount it.

· Registered
779 Posts
Proprietary/poorly supported platforms is in many ways a very expensive and high risk investment to make.

In many case the proprietary piece has to be performing so incredibly well with a very good headstart (SRS A1 for instance). Your product needs to have a significant edge compared to others, performs incredibly well or have no serious design problems, and ideally at a fairly competitive price, and even then you will still face significant push back and fall into the "no aftermarket support -> lack of interest due to parts rarity -> no aftermarket support due to lack of interest” loop and wither in a corner.

For the AAP01 it managed to fill the market niche as the few reliable full auto pistol and being ridiculously cheap to procure people can just run through a few dozen of them into the ground without much financial pain (as well as compatible with WE spec Glock mags). I'm not sure if that will happen for a Beretta.

· Registered
481 Posts
After some thought I'm a bit disappointed that it's just another hi capa though. Imagine if he took on another platform that doesn't have the aftermarket support already like the hi capa.

A Baretta 92/m9 would probably sell well and we haven't seen a new one released in forever.

Or a HK style pistol or browning hi power, so many options where we don't already have strong contenders and make something more unique.
Yes to all of the above as suggestions for alternate releases...unfortunately the market wants M4s and 1911s for the most part. Now, I have never owned a hi capa so that category is still "open/unexplored" for me as a collector, but I'd love an M92.....or an M93....

· Registered
3,721 Posts
Usually when Novritsch does proprietary, he does is well. Most stuff I've seen is an upgrade, while on maybe guns it's a downgrade or sidegrade. Idk if y'all have seen, but the outer barrel and hop chamber are $24 and $5, which is cheaper than the replacement barrel I was gonna get to fix my SSP1. Whenever I do that, I'll probably just use SSP2 parts. The frame is also aluminum, which is a very rare thing in Hi-Capas, or even GBBs in general with that being an upgrade part. Better buy than I thought, that has changed my mind.

· Registered
474 Posts
The size of your watch!
Probably the camera, I was using wide angle lens. It's just a regular Gshock.
It won't be selling good enough to be worth the investment. Our experience tells us people on social media asks for a lot of guns but not a lot of them would actually buy, they just want to see. Say you announce you would make a GBB WA2000, I bet people would go crazy with "yay", yet you won't be selling enough to get your investment back because in the end it's a wallhanger. The VFC PSG1 was cool af but have you ever seen one apart from collector groups?

· Registered
481 Posts
As I said unless it's an Armalite family or perhaps a 1911 the majority don't want it.....went to a skirmish yesterday and every single gun was an M4 with the exception of three bolt actions.

Also - Gshock for the absolute win. I don't NEED a watch but by crikey, I want one......

· Registered
3,721 Posts
G-shock is pretty big, I kinda want to get one after seeing the Gorillaz videos a few years ago.

As for making new guns, that's a big issue in the firearms industry, as a lot of people say they want WW2 and western stuff, but on the rare occasion it is made, it is a loss as there is not enough sales. Palmetto State Armory is huge right now and I guess they're doing older guns like an STG44 and other things, but if they weren't so big then that would be another way of saying your company will close down soon. If a company is bringing steel case and cheap brass case production to the states after all this Russia business, they've got some significant assets I'd say.

But anyways, pretty much everything that's not about the same as what is mainstream is a big risk for airsoft, as I'm under the impression that many airsoft companies are smaller than you would believe, and they may take a hit pretty hard. Hopefully there's no SSR47 or SSR74, that would be cringe.

· Registered
481 Posts
Palmetto State Armory
Aye! I subscribe to a lot of the YouTube firearms cognoscenti (Iraqveteran888, Forgotten Weapons, Garand Thumb, the late Jeff Quinn at Gunblast, Hickock45, Colion Noir, The AK Guy, MAC,Honest Outlaw, Leverguns50) because I am a frustrated shooting enthusiast and I saw some recent coverage of their STG on TFB. Very cool.......very limited appeal even for a nation with a huge firearms demographic. I'll stand by my experiences over the last few years and guess that the usual split at an average skirmish is 70% M4/Armalite/20% Russian/10% Assorted oddities.

· Super Moderator
4,232 Posts
I keep laughing when people go on about "we need this gun in airsoft!" Yeah, that's not going to happen unless you make it yourself, which at that point you are taking a major investment. Both time and money.

This past weekend 90% of everyone there used some form of m4, me and 4 others used something that wasn't an m4. I had my Scar-l, an ssg96, and ssg10, and ak74u, and a saw. With such observations, its not surprising we don't see more higher quality versions of other guns. Like the mp40 or fn5-7.

· Registered
3,721 Posts
I personally want the real thing and something like it, and at some point will attempt to make something similar to it.

If this does ever get licensed I bet it'll be expensive, a long time from now, and in standard airsoft build quality.
I'd like that and an MCX SPEAR, but I'd likely not buy both knowing that I would be disappointed after paying for what will likely be a VFC that I wouldn't feel safe smashing into a tree or doorway.

· Registered
159 Posts
I don’t need anything new and weird, though I would love it if someone made a V2-based something rather that was actually halfway s decent.

I just want this:

Hood Sleeve Bag Grey Grille

But in all seriousness, 80% of the guy at my last game day were using M4s, and 90% of those M4s were Lancer or Krytac, and 90% of those Lancers and Krytacs were LT-25s and Trident MKII SPRs. It was a little bit boring.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have an SSP-2 arriving tomorrow! I’ve wanted a Hi-Capa for a little while and I have had nothing but stellar experiences dealing with Novritsch, so it made sense for me. I will also post pictures and a little write up tomorrow night after I clean everything and put it through its first couple hundred bbs (y)

· Registered
12 Posts
No big review yet. Presently editing a janky YouTube video but here is a pic or two! General impressions are that I really like it! Feels solid, shoots great. 31 round mags can be reloaded thrice before needing more air. It about 300 bbs through it so far and it’s been solid! Really pleased with the purchase, as things stand.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

41 - 60 of 61 Posts