Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novritsch just put the SSE18 out! Should be out for sale in Fall of 2021.

-Electric Pistols have one big advantage over Gas Blowback Pistols: they work no matter what.
The SSE18 combines the sharp design of the SSP18 with the LiPo battery powered system inside. The result is great accuracy, durability and Full Auto, even in the coldest winter months.
Features:
  • Full Auto/Semi (Legal in Germany)
  • Quiet with the suppressor attached
  • High rate of fire thanks to the powerful 500mAh LiPo battery, MOSFET & Ball Bearings.
  • Metal Slide for more realism and durability.
  • Ready to go: Battery, charger, magazine, speedloader included
  • Threaded Barrel for suppressors / tracer units
  • Fibre optic sight, Flat trigger, Picatinny/NATO Rail
  • Optional RMR Mount
  • Beaver tail, tippling, and trigger undercuts for superior grip
  • Fits in most Glock holsters
  • Extensive video library with courses and guides.
  • Designed by passionate Airsoft players in Vienna, Austria.
  • Vienna-based Tech support team.
Finally, he came out with a battery powered pistol! I’m super excited and may get this, it sounds super sweet. No gas!!

Β·
Registered
959 Posts
People have literally been asking him for years for this.
I don't know if I would take it over one of the new cyma aeps though.
They also have mosfets, lipos etc.

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most definitely, it’s also pre upgraded.

I assume the battery just goes in the gun grip and then the slim mag goes in, just like all other bat. pistols.

I’m super stoked for this. I was looking into getting a SSP1, but that used gas.

Also, neighbors do airsoft, but they always say no gas pistols. Never said anything about electric pistols. 😏

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People have literally been asking him for years for this.
I don't know if I would take it over one of the new cyma aeps though.
They also have mosfets, lipos etc.
But how much are they and are they pre upgraded?

Β·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Seems like a pretty sick gun, but I think I will stick with my SSX23 as it is capable of higher power.
Still, awesome for people that only have $150 and want to get into the "sport" as he has pretty decent customer support and a decent reputation.

It's definitely annoying that he waited this long to do an AEP as he used to use one all the time, but only switched to GBB as it looked and sounded cooler for YouTube videos.
But, better late than never I guess, it's probably good that he established everything else before he dropped a somewhat unpopular platform.

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s better that he took a long time to get an amazing shooting machine, than rush it, and have a ton of recalls. ;)

I guess gas would still have higher power than electric, but electric is by far more convenient? 🧐

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just watched the video on his webpage.

You have to take the slide off and then put the battery in there somewhere. Kind of inconvenient, but better than toting gas around?

Β·
Registered
29 Posts
I am sure there will be issues here and there, common with any new product. Hopefully they are ironed out by launch.

Weight reduction interests me. Most times my gas mags account for 60-70% belt weight. There are days I look at my gas gun as say to myself, "I do not want to carry those mags".:cautious:

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, weight reduction is super good on this pistol.

I don’t know why they tease us with photos and specs 8 months before it comes out. 😀 I want it nowwww!

Β·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been on the edge of buying an SSP18 for several months now (opting for my grenade launcher first), so this was perfect timing. Combines the stealth and full auto functions of his other pistols, without being an annoying gas blowback. Wish it was available now here in the US.

On a similar note, Airsoft Innovations finally made a good functional shotgun. Actually pitched a similar idea to Nov, but they never bothered to respond. I'll have to talk to AI - I think you could make a spring version for under $200 that would sell like hotcakes.

Β·
Registered
959 Posts
But how much are they and are they pre upgraded?
They are around Β£75.
They have a mosfet and an integrated lipo you can charge with a phone cable, pretty much the same as the SSE18 except in the Cyma, the lipo is part of the gun and in the SSE18, they are exchangeable.
It's upgraded to the same extent you could consider the SSE18 upgraded.

Note that the SSE18 is not the best AEP I've seen.
Back in 2011 (before I started airsofting), the AEP was apparently pretty popular in the UK and elsewhere. People would upgrade them pretty well. You could exchange the motor to a 370 style motor which would make it shoot faster. I've also seen pre-cocking aeps on the internet.
People also did other stuff like rhop-ing them etc.

Reactions: Lark

Β·
Registered
316 Posts
It's a tiny AEG filled with miniature proprietary parts after all :D
I say it's just a fancier Cyma AEP, the price is definitely good (Cymas go for roughly €90, this thing is 100) and yep, they were really popular 10 odd years ago.

Doesn't look bad, obviously it's a 0.5J gun so 0.20s are mandatory and the range is laughable, but the full auto at close range (within 15 metres) is a decent tradeoff..

Reactions: PheonixKingZ

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a tiny AEG filled with miniature proprietary parts after all :D
I say it's just a fancier Cyma AEP, the price is definitely good (Cymas go for roughly €90, this thing is 100) and yep, they were really popular 10 odd years ago.

Doesn't look bad, obviously it's a 0.5J gun so 0.20s are mandatory and the range is laughable, but the full auto at close range (within 15 metres) is a decent tradeoff..
Well, if you’re a sniper, you won’t be using your sidearm as a sniper rifle. ;)

I only plan to use my sidearm (if I ever get one) when someone is inside MED.

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As long as I can hit a 5 gallon bucket 80ft away, Im good. Any target >=80ft, my crosshairs will be on them. πŸ‘
Same here. And all for less than $110? That’s a steal! (You would still need to get bbs though)

Β·
Registered
222 Posts
One of the key selling points for the SSE to me over the CYMA is the ability to fit a standard glock holster. Saves me $25 right there if I can use the serpa I already have for my RS glock.

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One of the key selling points for the SSE to me over the CYMA is the ability to fit a standard glock holster. Saves me $25 right there if I can use the serpa I already have for my RS glock.
Square suppressor also makes it possible to holster in Glock holsters. Much better than cylinder type!

Β·
Registered
238 Posts
As someone who invested months researching AEPs and upgrading one, specifically the Glock and USP from Cyma and TM, I feel like I should temper some of the expectations

The gearbox (and other parts) presented on their website looks very similar to the 3 generation CYMA AEP gearbox (and trigger/barrel assembly). It’s a stable platform but they implied in one video that it was sub 0.6 joules. That being said, your effective range is only going to be around 75 to 100 feet for a man size target.

Depending on which lipo you use 7.4 or 11.1 (hobbyking.com will be your friend in getting a better battery), your rps can vary from around 12 to 17ish.

I was confused why they said there was any holster fitment issue. The Matrix/Cytac holster fits the Glock and USP like a glove.

The one thing I’m personality excited about is the parts, if shipping isn’t a killer, the nozzle is one of the hardest thing to source.

Reactions: PheonixKingZ

Β·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As someone who invested months researching AEPs and upgrading one, specifically the Glock and USP from Cyma and TM, I feel like I should temper some of the expectations

The gearbox (and other parts) presented on their website looks very similar to the 3 generation CYMA AEP gearbox (and trigger/barrel assembly). It’s a stable platform but they implied in one video that it was sub 0.6 joules. That being said, your effective range is only going to be around 75 to 100 feet for a man size target.

Depending on which lipo you use 7.4 or 11.1 (hobbyking.com will be your friend in getting a better battery), your rps can vary from around 12 to 17ish.

I was confused why they said there was any holster fitment issue. The Matrix/Cytac holster fits the Glock and USP like a glove.

The one thing I’m personality excited about is the parts, if shipping isn’t a killer, the nozzle is one of the hardest thing to source.
Shipping from Novritsch (or at least over here in the USA) is a breeze. Usually it’s worth it to buy lots at one time, because of shipping cost. (Can vary from $4-$12 depending on how fast you want it. I usually choose 2 day shipping, which is $8. It’s always on time.

He said there was a fitment issue with the cylinder type suppressors, as in the gun wouldn’t go into the hard Glock holsters. With the new square ones, it shouldn’t be an issue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts