Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the ssg10 hop up chamber better than the stock vsr10 one?
Due to certain laws shipping in my country's gotten more expensive and this is one of the cheaper options.
I can also order from airosftpro but the chambers they offer use only AEG inner barrels.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is the ssg10 hop up chamber better than the stock vsr10 one?
I guess you want to buy SSG10's hopup chamber and installed it in another gun than SSG10, right?
Keep in mind that there might be some small differences, which will cause issues. Its a low risk move since SSG10's hopup is cheap...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess you want to buy SSG10's hopup chamber and installed it in another gun than SSG10, right?
Keep in mind that there might be some small differences, which will cause issues. Its a low risk move since SSG10's hopup is cheap...
Will use it on my JG Bar 10. Action Army is a bit hard to come by with cheaper shipping and because of the new laws everything above 25 euro gets a toll I need to pay at customs + it won't get shipped to my address but 30km from where I live :(
The airsoft distributors in my country work with airsoftpro and nurpol. Airsoftpro has some nice choices but they use aeg barrels which I don't like and the ML reinforced chamber has a bad rating from what I've heard.
So I am hoping that the ssg 10's chamber is better than the stock vsr 10 one and I'll tdc it.
Nurpol doesn't offer any chambers.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,360 Posts
The ML reinforced chamber is actually pretty decent.
Airsoft Pro is bad. It's a PDI clone and all PDI clones are bad.
Don't bother to change the JG stock chamber. If I recall correctly, the SSG10 chamber is a JG chamber just optimised.
What I would do instead, is either use a TRIDOS or Gunsmithy TCC.
Alternatively, you could do a DIY tdc with a maple leaf or panthera arm.

·
Registered
110 Posts
@sumatra
I see (from the flag) you stay in Bulgaria. Indeed shipping to Bulgaria, even from some European stores, is a bit high but you can't do anything about it. Too bad these difficulties you wrote...Maybe a friend or a relative that travels or lives in Europe may get the parts you want and ship them to you?

I suggest not to save money from parts that play vital & crucial part in shots quality, like HopUp unit, bucking, inner barrel...
I suggest to find a store where it has all the parts you want to install in your rifle and pay one shipping cost.

I am using ML chamber & I am very satisfied, no need to changed it so far. Maybe ML isn't the top but is very good and does the job pretty well...

Reactions: sumatra

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ML reinforced chamber is actually pretty decent.
Airsoft Pro is bad. It's a PDI clone and all PDI clones are bad.
Don't bother to change the JG stock chamber. If I recall correctly, the SSG10 chamber is a JG chamber just optimised.
What I would do instead, is either use a TRIDOS or Gunsmithy TCC.
Alternatively, you could do a DIY tdc with a maple leaf or panthera arm.
My bad, its the ENHANCED ML chamber - Enhanced HopUp Chamber for TM VSR-10 / TD-M40 / HFC VSR-11
I've heard Blind Sniper had a bad time with this one and I haven't come across good reviews.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Having used both A chamber and the SSG10 chamber, my money is the SSG10 chamber will perform better than a stock AA chamber since the AA chamber has a smaller hop window and doesn't include a proper nub while the SSG10 chamber already has a slide on piece arm with a good contact surface to press on the bucking. AA chamber does have a higher chance of better sealing but stock split chambers seal just fine if the bucking is installed properly.
If you plan to TDC then the ML and SSG10 is about the same. If you don't the SSG10 chamber arm is better supported than the ML.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here are a few queries:
What about ML + Panthera Arm vs SSG10 HopUp + SSG10 HopUp Arm? Are they equal?
Can you TDC ML HopUp with a Panthera Arm? Anyone tried it?

@wyz2285
Can you show us comparison photos between the windows of ML, AA & SSG10's hopup units side by side? This will be helpful.
Didn't expect to read that TDCed ML & SSG10 units provide almost same performance...

·
Registered
359 Posts
ML chamber already has a solid arm with built in nub, kinda like the SSG10, no point for the extra Panthera arm.
I don't have these chambers at hand, they are all inside rifles. You can find photos online for sure. The ML and SSG10 chamber should have about the same window opening, which also is about the same as stock chamber.
You can TDC any arm/nub, it's just a screw pressing on whatever that presses the bucking, not rocket science.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts