Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys prefer attacking or defending (like defending or attacking a certian base) I couldn't get the hang of defending (not enough options in a little fort) but when I attacked the base I did fairly good and got my first confirmed kill... any tips on defensive sniping?

·
Registered
287 Posts
For defense I prefer to have one or two aeg gunners out in front of me 50 to 100 feet in good cover.

When the players are attacking they fire as much as possible without taking a hit. This way as I work down the bad guys they typically think it was the aeg gunners killing them and never notice me.

If the bad guys attempt to flank they are doing so against my guys out in front, and I can usually get great angles on them without moving much.

Trick is to not let the good guys get too far out in front, but far enough that no one notices the sniper.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
When defending I like to go behind the objective I'm defending or far off to the side. That way you can suppress their flanking maneuvers!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am lucky in that my spotter is my dad, and he likes his M249 and suppresive fire a whole heck of a lot. so i had him post up in a tree line that had a piece of very obvious cover (it was a 10x10 shed) for people to hide behind, then i setup 200 feet away perpendicular to the shed, they can either take the sniper fire, or stay in the open in front of LMG, was great fun

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I find that simple attack and defend games don't tend to go very well for snipers.

Zero
Thats my thinking. If I'm defending, they always rush the hell out of the objective and I get compromised very fast. If im attacking, There is only one covered route I can take on my field and because its the only one, I usually get found fairly fast.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I find that simple attack and defend games don't tend to go very well for snipers.

Zero
Thats my thinking. If I'm defending, they always rush the hell out of the objective and I get compromised very fast. If im attacking, There is only one covered route that is practical I can take on my field and because its the only one, I usually get found fairly fast. There are other but it would take me the length of the game to get to a good FFP.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thats my thinking. If I'm defending, they always rush the hell out of the objective and I get compromised very fast. If im attacking, There is only one covered route that is practical I can take on my field and because its the only one, I usually get found fairly fast. There are other but it would take me the length of the game to get to a good FFP.
To me defense is easy... I just hide off to the side of the objective and let them come to me. I have a spotter though and have been vote d team leader so I command my "strike team" and cover them. Also If possible I shoot first then the strike team engages in sequence to help camouflage my shots with their strike ...

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If I have to cover my team during an attack, I use the "first shot, last shot" method. Take only two shots unless you are sure you are safe then move to a different spot to avoid them finding your location.

I don't find either the offence or the defense harder than the other because of the way my team operates. We have a lot of 10 year old rambo wannabees with the clear plastic pistols and single barrel shotguns, so I could probably stay in one place the whole time and they would never figure out where I am.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I do not think moving after fire is too important. We do not have muzzle flash, dust-up or loud noises to give us away.

I played an attack-attack game. It was basically attack/defend, but who did what really depended on how close to whose base whoever was.

I ran my sniper rifle up a side with an assault team, and I took position near the edge of a clearing and held the position while most of the squad when back. In this field, there are basically three lanes of attack. As people would die on the other two lanes where the fighting was, the would return along the third, mine, and as soon as they left their side of the clearing, they took consistent, focused fire from my rifle.

Eventually, the other lines weakened so much they broke under my teams assault, and the next thing I knew friendlies were pouring into their side of the clearing.

Before that we were strongly on the defensive (enemies got a ten minute headstart on us because of an admin mistake). I got assigned to take out an enemy sniper and an MG, which kept coming back to the same spot. I also got me a few rifle man and an 40mm launcher.

So, an active, well placed sniper should be able to pick off man high-value, destructive targets on the enemy's attacking line in an Attack/Defend game.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I do not think moving after fire is too important. We do not have muzzle flash, dust-up or loud noises to give us away.
No but we do have bbs going so slowly it's possible to dodge them, forget about see where they came from.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I actually normally don't help with planned attacks. I am usually somewhere else making sure to take out other high priority targets, because if I am in a raid they might find me easier, and that means killing me easier. I can be more useful elsewhere, not getting killed.

There are also sometimes people pretending to be big brother and watching down on the raid to send commands to their squads. I might try to take them out so they are at a disadvantage, no matter what their numbers are. That is when they are the ones attacking and we are defending. If we are attacking I am elsewhere, as I said before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.