Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my thread where you guys can follow the progress of my SV98 stock for aps-2 sv

http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/Oderfa/APS-2 SV98/

I had been wondering for a SV98 for couple years and seen some great custom works in(dobey, some guy in red alliance and few others). I had never done any custom/wood work(except for some crappy school works) before and I didn't have the space or tools for this kind of a job:shrug:. Not the best starting point... I searched through the internet and find out that there were worker's institute in my old school where I would have the right tools and help if needed. It would cost about 4e + material/2,5h(9 times)

Base gun is Maruzen APS-2 SV:

-FF Aero chamber(Marui, PDI, Guarder hard, Firefly soft buckings)
-Prometheus 6,03 EG barrel(460mm)
-KA LW/zero trigger
-FF red piston head
-FF 3-element piston
-FF bolt handle
-FF teflon cylinder
-FF cylinder head
-FF spring guide
-FF sp150 spring
-FF barrel spacer x2(+1 DIY)

-Tasco 4-16x50E scope
-KA 200mm silencer

Should get new pistonhead with better air seal and R-hop if I can install one properly

How have I done it so far::zzz:alert

I started working by grinding two pieces of birch flat and glueing them together. When that was done I drawed the outlines of the stock(I had measured them before) to the wood and sawed it with band saw. Righ thicknes was achieved with face grinder. Trigger guard and end of the stock were drilled and then cut to the right shape with keyhole saw. After that I took miller and started taking material off from the inside. I also yoused dremel for this part. Grip and cheek rest are done with dremel.

Currently its still missing green stain, 3 grooves on both sides, adjustable cheek rest, buttpad, carrying hadle(?) and front sling swivel. Barrel, silencer ect. are going to be painted black and I probably get new scope for it. Real deal russian 4x scope would be awesome but sadly those things cost 250e--->:mad:. If you find one for about 200e(or under) please let me know. That price I just might could pay...

Suggestions on how to make adjustable cheek rest are welcome. There are three pics of how I have tought to make it(I think dobey did it this way) but not sure yet.

Oderfa out

·
Registered
744 Posts
That looks amazing. Make me one. Nah, just kidding about that. But that's awesome. You can get weaver mount Russian optics, but they are pricey. I'd save for one though and run what you have till you can get it. Looks really good and keep us updated.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. Worker's institute is every thursday but there are only 2 times left to finnish it. At home I can just grind it with dremel. Tomorrow when I go there I should get done screw holes, adjustable cheek rest and maybe buttpad(not sure how I'll do it though).

I do have the money for the scope, its just that I wouldn't want to pay that much for a scope I would be useing in airsoft.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you going to put any camo (tigerstripes etc.) after you dye the wood?
:funny:Hell to the no. I'm going to put some greenish stain first and after that some matte varnish. That way I should be able to see some wood grains and it should be weatherproof...

You mean posp scopes that go to the side rail? I need weaver one and boy are those expensive... at least if you want its zoom to be usable in airsoft. I found a finnish shop where they would ha reasonable(still high) prized russian weaver scope but its 6x 42 http://www.veika.fi/index_tiedostot/Page560.htm

Scroll down that page and you will see:

POSP 6 x 42 W, WD, 8 X 42 W, WD Weaver-jaloilla

It would cost 170e/180e but the proble is 6x zoom which is quite high for normal playing.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4x yeas but I think 24 would be too small. My current scope is 50mm and I love it so I really don't want to get anything under 40mm. I don't think I have ever seen weaver posp scope that has 24mm object.

Some updates are coming tomorrow night.

·
Registered
744 Posts
They have a 2-6 x 24 POSP. I was really thinking about getting one for my ak dmr, but there opted out so I can finish the rest of my rig. I still might end up getting one eventually. Who cares if its just for airsoft? You'll have a completely custom one of a kind SV98 airsoft sniper rifle with authentic Russian POSP optics. The 2x is perfect by the way.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry but I'm not going to upload any pics today since my feeling isn't so great. Tomorrow I will.

Free tip to anyone who does custom works: Don't try to do them if you're tired and have a headache. Even straight lines can be really hard then>:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had some problems with my ''computer''(more like a piece of [email protected]) but after scanning everything got it work...

UPDATE:

Eventhough I was tired and had a headache I managed to do something. Cut the holes on the stock so that cheek rest can be adjusted in lenght and sideways. Grooves on the sides... well.... just look at the photos and you will understand what I meant in my previous message.:doh:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since nobody has anything nice to say because of that one groove I give you update. Comments are welcome so I can improve the stock or do something different/better.

I managed to almost finish the cheekrest but it still needs few slugs and two nuts to be glued in. In pictures you see how much it can be adjusted for user preferences.

Sorry about double post>:D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeas indeed, sick. I'm still going with upper parts black and stock greenish stain and matte varnish. Metal parts on stock will be painted black.

Still need to figure out how I'm going to make front sling swivel and buttpad and maybe carrying handle.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carrying handle is probably no go(I would love to have it but I probably can't do it well enough...) but I can tell you for sure that I will use real russian AK47 sling.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.