Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

After several month of every weekend shooting I was able to discover some deadly tactics with help my a loot to increase my effectiveness on field.

First of all I use advantage of range in my weapon against guys with 400+ fps.
Practically speaking I fallow on my buddies team (5-7 people) keeping distance around 10~20 meters. My shooting range is around 60-70m in forest.

In case of enemy detection I flank enemies trying to find right and clear shooting position but I keep right distance. In most case it's enough to change angle between my group and enemy team. I start my move when assaults try to shoot like berserk :). It's minimize risk of detection. Usually enemies are not able to hear my gun during action. Most of the time I use standing position because it's allow to me find right spot to see enemies.

I continue this till end of heavy fire exchange between assaults. Then when rapid fire is end I go prone and try to find last enemies.

Do You know other good working strategy to be more offensive sniper on field ??

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well with your point, using range to my advantage doesn't always work for me as my field allows 550 fps DMR's...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's of course depend of local community rules. In Poland now we have in forest games around 100fps difference between assaults and snipers.

The key point is to be active and follow buddies group.

And of course lucky factor is important like hell :tup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
In the Netherlands, our FPS limits allow snipers a significant advantage. At least, they used to, until the new regulations screwed it all over. They now allow DMRs the same FPS as bolt action rifles (500), provided the DMRs have a 2s delay. If they don't, DMRs get limited to 450 (old limit). This new rule was implemented because only a single field allowed undelayed DMRs to shoot 450. The conclusion was: DMR rules should be revised in the worst possible way :| Hopefully, not too many fields will implement these new rules and just stick to their "bolt action", "other" categories, with the "450 2s delayed" at some fields.

Fortunately, there's Belgium, where they know two types: bolt-action (500) and "other" (360). At least there you have a reasonable difference in FPS. Tactics like these work there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
When I first joined this forum, I was already heavily interested in sniper tactics. Ghillie suits, stalking, shadows, etc. All the good stuff was already locked away in my head. I read a few stickied threads, and went to my first airsoft game as a sniper with a near-intolerable level of pretentiousness. I was the finger of God, a space laser of extreme death my weapon.

My big gun and ego strolled onto the field, and all who saw me ran in terror. I practiced becoming one with my surroundings, and my quarry eventually wandered within my effective range. A gentle squeeze of the trigger, a soft *thunk* noise, another enemy eliminated.

A few years later, more ghillie, less scope, and a bit more strategy later, all laugh at the sniper with no scope. They no longer fear the space laser of extreme death, content with underestimating their enemy. A few pewpews later, and they all walk back to spawn.

Main points, without the overbearing story.

• Sometimes, laying low while the assault guys take the heat is the most effective. Stay concealed, stay deadly.
  • Other times, I've found it useful to use my intimidation factor to let the assault guys gain some ground. It's amazing seeing people react to bb's hitting an exposed hand gripping a corner.
  • And of course, if the opposing team underestimates your gear and skillset, you can give them a good life lesson while having a ball of a time :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
The difference is much greater in sweden, most games set the limit at 435 fps for auto, 520 fps for semi, and 700 fps for bolt.

It's a lot easier to outrange someone with a 265 fps advantage.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I play the same way, follow, flank ,shoot.
Shooting from a kneeling position helps keep you concealed, as opposed to standing while shooting.
It is helpful to move after a few shots, so the other team does not locate you.
Shoot two, move, shoot two, move, etc.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, IMO, I think that the environment that you play, has a significant role on the tactics that should be used. For example: a spacious, semi open field with slim trees, not so dense and low height vegetation calls for different strategic moves and tactics than a overgrowed, jungle-type forrest with 1.5m tall bushes.

Being adaptive in many levels is a virtue here. Knowing your surroundings too.

Reactions: Peachtree
1 - 8 of 8 Posts