Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do we think of these parts:
1) 'Iron' Trigger for vsr10

It appears to be a clone of the pdi, but made in tougher materials. The other difference lies in the spring guide stopper, which is fixed permanently. Just like in the PDI, there is a bearing between 2 of the sears, however, I am unsure whether it can truly be considered a zero trigger as two of the sears do directly contact.

2) Stalker Scorpion Piston

Seems to be a WASP piston rebranded...unsure...

Note: Put this in the parts section as it felt fitting. If mods feel that it would be better suited to the VSR section please move it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have seen that trigger before and have talked to the company about it.
I expect that it's probably on the same level as SCW and AirsoftPro, but with a sort of bad pull weight and length.

They also have this really really really cool cylinder set that's quite affordable, but they won't ship to the US which really sucks for me.

The STALKER piston is actually quite different from the WASP according to @Marco , as it is more adjustable in weight, and you can adjust length so you can change your bolt pull to really short or normal length.
This will also affect you cylinder volume immensely, so you can tune your cylinder/barrel ratio to an extent.
The airbrake is also infinitely adjustable as it as basically a screw.
The spring guide is fatter, reducing spring wobble and sound.
All that being said, it's sort of pricey, and I wouldn't trust any of the reviews when they talk about power and sound, especially Fox Green.
With about any part that comes from Skirmshop, the reviews are either non-existent, or ridiculously biased where someone may change the hop setting, BB weight, barrel length, or even spring power just to make the product look better than it is.

Here's some more products I'd like to put out there as they look really cool

·
Registered
682 Posts
The scorpion seems like a cool concept but I don’t think you’ll ever need the extra features it has. You can make the piston long af or short af. Cool right? Well if it’s long af you have a shirt bolt pull because the piston latches sooner. BUT you’ll have no volume and your output will tank. If you make the piston short af it won’t be able to latch. Even if you would be able to have it latch, you can only pull the bolt back so far before the spring is fully compressed, maxing out what you can get out of the spring anyway. Add your own weight, SAP, Wasp, scorpion it’s all the same in the end. The adjustable air brake is what I think is most important.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They also have this really really really cool cylinder set that's quite affordable, but they won't ship to the US which really sucks for me.
What do you think will I be better off buying that cylinder or should I go for the twisted AA one ?
My cylinder is almost broken so I need a new one and the AA looks cool but now I see that I can get much more for the price of the AA one, plus its a "bore up" ?

Btw thanks for showing it (y)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Definitely get this one, these European parts rarely suck and this is probably one of the better cylinders around.
The Bore Up is quite nice as you will gain FPS, allowing you to use a weaker spring.

AA is fine, but I wasn't impressed with my friend's cylinder so I never bought one.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Just found a guy that makes cool looking pistons for the SRS, HTI, VSR-10, and probably more.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
The piston does not have air holes in the front. So to get a good seal it needs the oring to perfectly fit with the cylinder. This is not the best way to seal and normally results in less fps.
Looks like a good piston though. Just needs the air inlets to expand the oring.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Dang, didn't notice that lol.

One of these days I'll be making a piston with one of these bad boys, so hopefully it's better than my current springer (probably impossible to be worse)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dang, didn't notice that lol.

One of these days I'll be making a piston with one of these bad boys, so hopefully it's better than my current springer (probably impossible to be worse)
Thats a shaft seal not a piston seal.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You would be looking for something more like this.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks, I found one of these instead

Even though it is expensive, it is in the dimensions I need, plus it is modeled for pellet guns, which as you may know see tons of abuse and usually don't break.
So it will be perfect for my 25.06mm cylinder material as I bet it's a little bit oversized and it should be great for high speed as it is meant for high speed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts