Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

A while ago when I bought my sniper rifle, I made sure to get a sidearm with it. I bought a Y&P M9 Gas Non-Blowback. I love the pistol very much and have no complaints about it, I just recently have realized that I love the feel of blowback pistols.

I have probably 3 main choices right now. The only way I will be buying a new one is if I can sell my Y&P for a good price, which I have already had some offers on.

A friend of mine has a KJW gas blowback M9. He said he would be willing to sell it for $80 with 2 mags.

I have looking at two different G series' which is what I really want.

An ISSC Licensed M-22 Gas Blowback, with 1 mag (Gas or C02) for $99
And an APS ACP C02 Blowback, wich 2 mags for $99.

Obviously the best price here is the M9, but I would be willing to spend the bit extra for the Glocks. I would jump on the C02 gun, but I don't have any experience with C02.

So considering price, efficiency and quality what do you guys suggest? Or, do you have another G-Series suggestion? And if you suggest the C02, why that over the gas? I feel like I won't have a problem buying cartridges since we only play once or twice a month, and they aren't very expensive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have actually just been going through a similar situation to what you are in right now. Being located in the US like you, I am sure you know how difficult it is to obtain realistic g replicas.

I recently posted a thread asking for thoughts on the ISSC licensed m-22 which you can find here. I actually ended up picking up the gun I was asking about in the post, just to actually hold it and use it. It was a nice gun, but note: It is a g19 sized frame which is uncomfortable for my large hands, and I am having to sell it. :ashamed:

I now have made the jump to overseas buying, and ordered a WE g17 gen 3 from J.K.ARMY Airsoft.
I don't want to spend a ton of money on a pistol, so I bought the gen 3 frame because it was ten bucks cheaper than the gen 4, and it didn't really matter to me. Also if you sign up to their newsletter, you instantly get a 5 bucks off coupon. :hehe:

If you are worried about importing g-series pistol into the US and not wanting it getting snatched by customs, I contacted them and they said all guns ship to the US with orange tips, and if you want the trades tapped, just give them your order # and tell them to do it. Which is what I did just to be safe.

So now I have a nice g17 replica pistol on the way for $77, with $25 shipping and that comes out to $102. Not bad IMO. It comes with a green gas mag, but you can buy co2 mags to use with it like what I'm doing. :tup: Should be here in a couple of weeks and I can tell you how it performs if you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm. That looks like a really nice pistol. So what your talking about with getting the threads tapped - that allows you to unscrew the orange tip? I've never really looked into changing the orange tips on any of my guns I guess.

The only thing is I would really like to have an extra mag, and even spending the extra $20 or so on the mag starts to push it for me. (Im really cheap lol.) You said you're getting a C02 mag - any particular reason why?

I can also see the problem with the M-22 being a bit small. My hands are large enough - but not huge, so it still might work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not threads tapped. trades tapped. Basically the seller puts some tape (electrical tape or whatever they normally use) over the trademarks on the metal slide of the airsoft gun. This way, even though the slides aren't true to a real glock, they are close enough that might make security snatch it up when importing. So by covering them in tape they won't be noticed.

Well if you can survive on 1 mag than go for it and use the the green gas one. The only reason I'm getting co2 mags is because I find co2 easier to use, and it is harder to get green gas for me. (although you can always just use propane and silicone oil)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh I see lol, that looked like a typo at first. That makes sense. I always use propane, since green gas is so expensive. I really don't really see any drawbacks to C02 vs. propane anymore - it might be a little bit more expensive but its higher pressure while it lasts. Propane/green gas likes to loose pressure as it is depleted.

So that leaves me a third option, lol. I would still like some opinions on the APS as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The APS: truly amazing pistol. Shoots very well, quite far, and very consistently. Love it to death, and I'd use it every time if I could.

HOWEVER

I said if I could. The mags are absolute shit. The valves go bad in no time at all and there aren't any "upgrades" for them, you have to by replacement valves, which are just as bad. Don't buy this, it's just gonna cost you more and more and more as time goes by, replacing those valves every week or two.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
What model of g-series pistol are you looking for??? And it is not that hard to get a g-series pistol into the states. I ordered my g18 with no problems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I don't care a whole lot which model it is. My favorite is the G34 or any of them that are the longer ones (205mm). I just don't want to spend over $100 total (and, preferably, I would like to have 2 mags.)

About the APS - I have heard a lot of people say the mags are bad, but I've seen almost as many say the problems can be fixed with some maintenance. And since mine won't be getting used every weekend, there will be plenty of time for TLC.

Right now it looks to me like I should either get the APS, or give up on the G-series and get my friend's KJW M9 (which, is a very nice gun). They are the best deal. The M9 is probable the safest option - since the APS is said to have problems. To be honest now, I really don't care if I switch to C02. It will perform just as well as gas if not better and the higher price to run won't effect me that much.

So, if anyone else could find me another deal for the G-series that is under or right at $100 total with 2 mags, that would be amazing. Gas or C02. Unless ya'll think the APS would be just fine.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you're willing to put the time in for the APS mags (i haven't been able to get them to work) by all means I would go for it, it's a great pistol. But those mags are so awful, I went out and bought another pistol. The choice is yours, mate, really depends on how patient you are with your equipment...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it is somewhat a problem with mags, but it can be dealt with. That's what I wanted to know. So, do you know what could be done to fix/prevent/contain the problem? I'm ok with maintenance, I just want an idea of what I'll need to do.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Eh, the KJW from your friend is going to be the best option budget wise.

However, Tokyo Marui G34 Gas Pistol [TM-GP-142696-AG] - US$135.00 : Airsoft Global!, Gun

and this: KSC G34 - Metal Slide ( Taiwan Version ) [KSC-GP-G34MSTW-AG] - US$135.00 : Airsoft Global!, Gun

At the $135 mark. More then what you are wanting to spend, but they are new, work well, and have plenty of upgrade parts. And mags are not super sketchy.

I ordered my g18c from them, and no problems with customs. Orange tip on it, and trades were covered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the KJW is definitely the best for my budget. But my budget really comes after I sell mine - I will have $50 to go towards a new one. At $135 and only one mag, those are going to be to much though. Tokyo Marui would be my dream pistol though!

I think I'm going to go for the WE M22. Its a great quality, and I'm gonna suck it up and buy an extra mag. That'll put it at $118 and I will get free shipping since its from Evike. That means $68 extra. Not bad in my opinion - but it is defiantly the top of my budget.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you get a compact I highly suggest the guarder "+2" baseplates.

Its very large on my g17/TW .
Jkarmy I ordered the hk3 slide and never had it taken from customs.
I might want to get the hk3 g17 lower but eh, I like the TW, if I could get a proper trademarked g19 I'd cut this frame up to a g19 size.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I see no need for a tm, the efficiency isent that much better. Once you add a metal slide(steel or otherwise) the efficiency drops.

I don't like the feel or the trademarks(made in Japan irritates me to no end).

With proper maintenance and manual of arms an hk3p should last just as long.

Only other company I'd buy from is kjw.

I do not see the value in a tm for the extra 25-100$ you will spend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've done some more looking around. I'm probably going for the WE G35 from jkarmy. When I order it, do I just email them with my order number and ask them to put tape over the trades/license, or what exactly do I need to do?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I see no need for a tm, the efficiency isent that much better. Once you add a metal slide(steel or otherwise) the efficiency drops.

I don't like the feel or the trademarks(made in Japan irritates me to no end).

With proper maintenance and manual of arms an hk3p should last just as long.

Only other company I'd buy from is kjw.

I do not see the value in a tm for the extra 25-100$ you will spend.
To each their own, I suppose, but the efficiency, accuracy, reliability and parts availability of a TM is better than any other GBB. And they're not that much more expensive than a WE. If you can find the TM in stock, the choice is very easy for me :hehe:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Idk, I paid 100$ for a base TW, 2 mags and a holster for 100$.

It's 2 years old and it was 3 years old when I got it.
Still going strong.

The tm efficiency is about the same, a little higher because of the plastic slide.

But eventually you will swap it out for metal when you get tired of breaking plastic slides.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
What kind of high pressure gas are you using that you're breaking slides? :shrug:

I know people who use nuprol 4.0 in their TM guns and they don't break. I'd take plastic over metal slides any day when it comes to efficiency.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.