Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read around the net now for some time, but i still haven't got to a final conclusion which bore size is the best in terms of accuracy for a G-spec size rife.

A tighter bore (6.01mm) often equals to a higher FPS, but also jams more often if not cleaned enough. But may not have better accuracy.

But what about the opposite, lets say a 6.08mm barrel from PDI how does that compare to the other sizes from PDI aswell?
Is there a increase in accuracy the wider the bore? But at the cost of less FPS?

Quote from X-fire.org:
"08 barrel has a larger bore than any other tight barrel,so less pressure & ball speed is not high.
But 08 Barrel has a stable air flow as below.BB will get the air stream,so it makes more fly & straight ballistic."
X-FIRE PDI official distributor

PDI barrel size.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't know about 6.08, but I heard that 6.05 is more accurate than 6.01.
Sorry, cant find this post...

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I use 6.07's frequently, actually. Tightbores are good for CQB accuracy, but larger bores are actually better for long range accuracy. One reason is the air can cushion the bb through the barrel, but also because there is less of a chance that the bb will bounce around too much inside the barrel which will negatively affect the trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
6.03 is the sweet spot (to most, i havn't tested a same size 6.03 in my SVD)
6.01 will give better accuracy under 150 ft
6.03 better in the 150-200 range
6.05 cluster F***

i would assume a 6.08 would be better for full autos

·
Registered
491 Posts
i always think about 6.04-.05 is the best option for the 430mm barrel, TheTJ is knowing where he is talking about!;)
sumta the 6.08 wouldn't be better for full auto it's too much space for the amout of air who comes out of the small cylinder;) take a 6.02 or 6.03 for an aeg and 6.01 for pistols :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
There's another forum somewhere full of people that swear by some sort of 6.23 barrel.

I personally run a 6.03, and am quite happy with it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
There's another forum somewhere full of people that swear by some sort of 6.23 barrel.

I personally run a 6.03, and am quite happy with it.
i also heard from that barrel, it makes me curious, redwolf sells them normally... or wgc:)
greets

1 - 10 of 10 Posts