Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I want a wolverine bolt. I have a javelin/snow wolf m24. I’m happy enough with it. It’s not worth anything locally to sell it, but I want to go hpa. I have machining tools I can use, so as long as the bolt can fit/be made to fit in the aps2 sized cylinder, I’ll get one this year.

So if anyone has one kicking around and could kindly measure it’s OD of the body (inch or metric is fine) with a mic or vernier that would be swell

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Nick, I'm not too sure if I understand what you're asking, but I'll try to help.

The wolverine bolt is made to fit somewhat loose in a bar10/vsr cylinder. Then you can put o rings on it to tighten it up further if you want, but I liked the fit. The cylinder head is the tricky part. Idk the dimensions off the top of my head, but they offer a few options with the Bolt. Just check online to see if your cylinder is compatible with bar10 or vsr 10 cylinder heads. If so, buy the corresponding kit. If not, you would probably need to machine your own nozzle, or find a way to make one of their nozzles fit.

It does NOT have to be air tight (cylinder to cylinder head) because there is no air pressure in the cylinder at all. The pressure takes place between the front of the bolt and the back of the nozzle. So as long as the bolt is pressed up against the nozzle firmly when closed, you'll have a perfect seal.

That should be pretty straight forward. Worst case, you have to grind the threads off of the nozzle and glue it into the cylinder. The bolt should fit in your cylinder, as long as it isn't smaller in diameter than a vsr 10.

The trickiest part is going to be installing the trigger switch. If the trigger box is exactly the same as a bar10/vsr, then no problem. But some guns, such as the S&T M40, have very different trigger boxes. I had to mount mine inside the trigger box after drilling out alot of material.

If I had a micrometer, I'd give you the exact specs you're asking for, but unfortunately, I don't. Sorry!

Good luck!
O'C

·
Registered
10 Posts
After a little googling, it looks like the inner diameter of a vsr cylinder is 22mm. The outer diameter of your piston is roughly 20mm, compared to the vsr's 21.6mm. Since the bolt is designed for the vsr/bar10, I'm assuming its diameter is only slightly smaller than a VSR piston. So I doubt the bolt will fit, but I'm not positive. Sorry, I wish I can help more, but it seems I'm useless without a micrometer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.