Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok are (or Have) any of you guys run higher than 731fps with a .2 (I acheave 500-530fps with a .43) As this is as high as I can run with a sp210 and these upgrades.I run a custom Ca m24 at 731 fps with a .2 with a custom zero trigger with stregthened return latch springs, pdi cylinder and handle , ff spring guide 3 element piston, custom milled m24 brass cylinder head, sp210, brass fixed hop unit, red prometheos rubber and nub, 6.03 prometheous barrel custom barrel spacers, all screws replaced with m8 and recever re tapped.
As I said previously this is capable of kills out to to 150m 499ft measured. But I am aiming for the 1000fps target. I am running a 6.03 prometheous 509mm barrel but do not wish to go tighter or longer as this decreaces accuracy.
Sam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Although I may admire your setup , I must say that I consider this a dangerous rifle for regular airsoft skirmishes . On the other hand it might be perfect for very special scenarios (that single long range shot we all dream about and it may take hours or even days to take ) .

·
Registered
346 Posts
dreadlock said:
As I said previously this is capable of kills out to to 150m 499ft measured. But I am aiming for the 1000fps target. I am running a 6.03 prometheous 509mm barrel but do not wish to go tighter or longer as this decreaces accuracy.
Sam
First off, I can almost guarantee that unless you're playing in the philippines you haven't gotten "kills" out to 500 feet on any mainstream airsoft field, simply because no official field will let you take a rifle shooting that hot onto the field

·
Registered
100 Posts
Goji said:
If you're going to 1000fps, get a bb gun.
Thats is quite possibly the second worst idea I have heard, ever(the first being the OP's idea). I really wouldn't want to be hit by a BB gun during an airsoft game.... Especially if its shooting 1000 FPS, you kno that can kill someone right?

Can I ask what was wrong with 500FPS or the 700FPS that you claim to have?

sticks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sticks are you forgetting 'Power is everything and makes you like Carlos, regardless of other skills like field craft, patience, comunication...' How silly of you, go out side and spank yourself with birch withies until you see the light ;)

The 700fps I believe, given his set up, but it has to be said... if I found out he was shooting at that power on a field I was playing at, and wasn't banned immediately, I think I'd be forced to cram the offending rifle where only mushrooms would grow on the offending user ;) As for 1000fps in the above senario... I'd probably hit him round the head and neck with it first

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I'm out on the west coast and every field i have ever played at from northern California to Huston Texas. has capped a bolt action sniper to 500fps w/ 25g. some use .2g @ 550fps.

Hawaii and the Philippines is the only area I have ever heard of legal limits up to 700fps w/ .2g due to dense jungle environment.

so i totally have to agree and disagree with Zulu ... This is complete "BS"

I agree those ranges are almost an impossibility (i believe nothing is impossible.. it just hasn't been discovered yet) for an airsoft rifle.

But i also believe the sp210 spring you say you are using wont produce much more than 650fps with .25g... i have tested this sprint level in my M24 that all i got.

finally the physical characteristics of a BB in flight almost guarantee accuracy will become null after 350ft little more than 100m.. too many factors play on the BB to allow consistent accuracy beyond this distance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont see the reason why you would need to have an airsoft rifle shooting over 700fps. I can understand if its for plinking? but to use it on a game? I dont think its a good idea.

Im from the Philippines and the fpo limit here is 550fps. highest allowed in a game that I can remember was 600fps. NO game site here will allow a 700fps rifle (even in milsims). its just too dangerous. miscalculate the distance of your target from you and... boom! next thing you know, you'll either be on the news or behind bars.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I, for one, don't even understand it for plinking. The faster the muzzle velocity of an airsoft rifle, the heavier the bb you need to stabilize the flight path. At 700 fps even .43s would be very erratic. It would be like using .2's with a 400 fps sniper and expecting them to reach 300 feet.

Ah, my bad then Snake (as to the philippines fps limit comment), I knew that you guys sometimes allow higher fps limits but I wasn't sure what they were. I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt

·
Registered
15 Posts
zulu said:
I, for one, don't even understand it for plinking. The faster the muzzle velocity of an airsoft rifle, the heavier the bb you need to stabilize the flight path. At 700 fps even .43s would be very erratic. It would be like using .2's with a 400 fps sniper and expecting them to reach 300 feet.

Ah, my bad then Snake (as to the philippines fps limit comment), I knew that you guys sometimes allow higher fps limits but I wasn't sure what they were. I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt
haha! np zulu. I have seen and heard some guys here though that really pump their rifles up to 700fps+. highest I have seen was a 824fps Maruzen. just a project gun though. there's someone I know who would want to hit or break the 1000fps barrier using a VSR10 platform. I have yet to hear any updates from him.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The main trouble with these uber powerful weapons is getting a hop rubber that wont bleed, belch, fart or just plain burst, because of the air pressure involved. I'm fairly sure the hardest/toughest rubber is the Promy red and at >800 fps I'm pretty sure it wouldn't last into triple figures shot wise, before it was fubar. As for the VSR platform hardest rubber I believe is the Firefly hard again not really designed for >700 fps. It all really depends on how much you like taking your hop apart to replace your rubber, then setting it all back up to shoot straight, buy which time the rubber is fubar again, so you have to strip your hop apart and replace your rubber, then set it up again, by which time the rubber is............ ::)

And I'll say it again, * insert sarcastic and slightly disinterested tone of voice now * "Don't forget power is everything, it makes you just like Carlos, forget about all the other stuff, like field-craft, stalking, comms......"

As for the plinking debate, if you need that sort of power for that sort of role, BUY A BLOODY AIR RIFLE, they are designed with >800fps in mind and are way more accurate and satisfying to shoot ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
this idea of breaking the 1,000 fps barrier is a travesty and the airsoft police should kick your door down and haul you in for crimes against the sole purpose of airsoft. which IMO means "a game where it is LEGAL to shoot someone else without lethality or serious injury, a game to train Law Enforcement and Military personnel as well as the common joe."

-JB

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I can see where all of you guys are coming from .... but, and this is a huge BUTT, much like Wandalls ;) lol........As long as he doesn't use it in a game then who cares?

I mean if he can get the parts and what not to function for more than a few shots, then great. Will just show the durability of the parts that he was using. That and what a great thing for all of us. Then we all can get a few parts and be sure that they wont break under any spring that we can think of.

But again like I said... As long as he doesn't use it during a game or anything then awesome. And I totally agree with the air rifle part, I have one and I love the darn thing.

But lets not all be so quick as to shoot the guy down. Lets see where it goes from here. As long as he is being responsible about it then nothing is wrong with it.

JUST BE SAFE AND DON'T YOU DARE SHOOT AT ANYONE WITH THAT RIFLE.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
OFFTOPIC:
What in the name of!? Don't you dare to bring my lard ass into this thread, better yet on the whole forum! xD It's way too BIG! :'D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just going to say right off the bat, that is a scary rifle to be skirmishing.......... I have seen just 450fps lodged into a guy's chin. You gotta be mad carefull with that dude, also if you are hitting 499ft i don't see the need to shoot farther because you are most likely outranging everyone else on the field.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FPS is so overrated! You don't need a high FPS gun to hit a target at a good sized range and get consistent shots! Once you get to a certain FPS, all that happens is your targets scream louder!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The idea behind an airsoft rifle shooting 1000fps is rather ridiculous considering that old school 6 shot revolvers (real guns, not airsoft) shot around that speed or a lower speed, and they were somewhat deadly firearms.

-TD

P.S. If my facts are incorrect please feel free to correct me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.