Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just wondering if anyone here has a P* and would mind elaborating on exactly how it works, or maybe knows of a video or something where someone has done a breakdown or sketch up of it.

The reason I ask is because I have become obsessed with integrating a CO2/HPA system into my Twin hop/LRB build on my SL9 (which is why that thread has kind of died for the time being). Although I have a few designs in mind of how I want to build it, I am just so damn curious as to how the P* works on the inside. I have a few strict requirements for how I want mine to operate, but like I said, I'm just curious.

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
It's not something fancy it's just a valve that open and close electronically( electromagnet). The valve stays open for a set time, and since you're going to use CO2 it's not expanding so the volume of the gas that will pass through that valve will always be the same. And the fps will stay the same.
This is in general the description.

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Yes but they said they will built and other types of gearbox, they start with V2 cause it's more popular.
The problem is the fact they didn't start selling the DIY kit, they said this will happen early september.

Wolf

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I wanted a P* I would just wait, but like I said, I'm going to build my own HPA engine that will integrate with my hop/barrel assembly. What I am currious to see is how they cycled the BB feed in conjunction with actuating the gas flow. I am assuming that it bleeds air to pilot the valve since its a 3 way soleniod, so that may be the deal breaker there. On of the requirements I have for my system (which is why its taking so long) is that there will be no pilot volume, so all of the air in the tank will go to propelling a BB.

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
I would love to see that.
There's a guy from the UK who's working on something like that and he says his system always measures the volume of air per shot and he claims same fps on every shot, he has post some external pics but I can't see much.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wolfgeorge said:
I would love to see that.
There's a guy from the UK who's working on something like that and he says his system always measures the volume of air per shot and he claims same fps on every shot, he has post some external pics but I can't see much.
Link? I'd love to see that, even if its just the outside, theres a lot you can tell just from that if you know what to look for.

I really only have 3 parameters for my design that are making it a nightmare to plan out while still being as simple as possible.
1. Zero pilot volume to actuate the valve. (not to be confused with dead volume)
2. BB loads fires and nozzle retracts with zero bleed down the mag (basically no air going to anywhere except behind the BB being fired.)
3. Built in recoil effect to the valve.

Edit: I'm also a firm believer in K.I.S.S. and am going to try to keep my machining costs to a minimum since I don't have access to a mill, part of the reason this is so difficult

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Much appreciated. Very very interesting work there, good food for thought! Hard to tell though how he's piloting the valve, I'll have to take a look again when I get home from work and can turn up the audio more

EDIT: Wolf: Does he ever mention elsewhere what PSI he is running at? I looked through the thread and didn't see it, and I hate being that guy that signs up on a forum just to post once. He also mentions open OR closed bolt operation... interesting...

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
The guy replied and this is what he said
tested at 110 Psi and can go up to 120 pis max. At present it gives a max FPS of 565 with 0.2. The FPS is software controlled and this allows mixed mode firing i.e 370fps auto and 500fps single. The unit use high speed electric valves to contol the FPS and makes use of a fixed volume chamber to meter the air.
It's different design than the Kuba T1K from what he said but then again the solenoid valves are high speed electric valves.
He also said in order to change fps you'll need to plug it to a laptop.
It's promising I must say....

Wolf

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.