Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the P90 is a SMG but I like short guns and I´m not into RS, so I came up with this idea.
The cylinder is not ported, the barrel is about 260mm (nearly as long as a MB02), so it is overvolumend and will joulecreep just fine and be able to use heavy bb´s for long range.
I read the 1Tonne thread about the AUG and right now I am thinking about transfering this on the P90 - but without the longer barrel (I know, it is less efficient, but I can´t change it due to legal reasons).

I would start with this gun, which is a modded Cyma:
My concern is not the range but the stealth. What do you think: is there enough room inside the receiver to dampen the sound and reduce the noise? A supp will be added with Scotchbrite, fart flap and all that, it´s more about the gearbox noise.
Let me know what you think about this idea!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was about to recommend the AUG guide by 1tonne, but you've already found it!

Should be pretty much the same thing, except you will have to play with volume ratios to match it to your 260mm inner.

Afaik there is enough space between the gearbox and body to apply some acoustic foam.

On a side note, I will buy a P90 once an optical/magnetic mosfet is made so that I can throw away the horrible cutoff lever.

Reactions: E-11

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ignore the HPA guy, he just couldn't tech AEGs lol;
For Germany it's 1.5J semi only right? Then I'd do the following:
Begati PDW9 which already has a ETU made by Airsoft Systems so no need to change that;
Lonex pinon and bevel to really quiet down the gearbox;
Reshim the gears (alreadt 13:1 out of the box, no need to change);
Get the SSR90 hop up chamber+ inner barrel+ flat bucking/ Or maple leaf omega nub+ macron bucking+ ZCI inner barrel;
Use >0.3g bbs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ignore the HPA guy, he just couldn't tech AEGs lol;
For Germany it's 1.5J semi only right? Then I'd do the following:
Begati PDW9 which already has a ETU made by Airsoft Systems so no need to change that;
Lonex pinon and bevel to really quiet down the gearbox;
Reshim the gears (alreadt 13:1 out of the box, no need to change);
Get the SSR90 hop up chamber+ inner barrel+ flat bucking/ Or maple leaf omega nub+ macron bucking+ ZCI inner barrel;
Use >0.3g bbs.
Jep, semi only always and 1.5J on most fields. Why change the HU unit? Is there a significant improvement I missed?

·
Registered
465 Posts
The SSR90 chamber has better nub design and presses directly down. The CYMA chamber uses a pivoting arm so your pressure point shifts as you change the hop. But as the alternative I posted, you can get away with that.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,609 Posts
So based on 1tonne's post about AUG, as long as we have a gun with enough space to fill with enough foams, we can make something as quite as his AUG?
Yes, so long as you do the other stuff- spiral gears, airpad (better than sorbo) etc.
Also, surely if you desire a compact quiet sniper rifle, a mk23 based carbine would be the best option?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I considered that once in the past, but i don't really like the idea of buying gas cans every months. I limit myself to only having 2 gas based guns. So if in the future i considered a semi/auto long range airsoft, i definitely would go to aegs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to know! Thanks! What about sound? I found a review and it has a really short gear box signature, is there some space for 2mm dynamats between gearbox and receiver?
And I already have a MK23 and love it, but it´s not the perfect primary for fast woodland games. I could use the AAP01, but I would like to have the snappy trigger and the stealth - that´s why the P90 in the 1Tonne AUG modification came to my mind.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
With the MK23 the one thing that is rarely mentioned is mags, holding 25 rounds usually, and costing $25 to $40, not including the expensive bits people sell for them.
A P90 on the other hand has a mag with at least 100 rounds, and a good deal more with the Krytac one and the SSR90 one in development, so in terms of price per round you're doing way way better.
Also worth considering durability, as a MK23 mag is at least half a pound and any drop on a hard surface is probably rather bad for it, sometimes even unrepairable like snapping the wings that hold the feed lips in(not that I've done that...).
Not saying that P90 mags are indestructible, but compared to a MK23 mag they are a lot closer.

As for sound, I have no experience with the P90 or really any other AEGs for that matter, but it's with some Dynamat Xtreme and some decent open cell foam for sound studios or gun cases and you should be doing pretty well. For a suppressor, look at just getting whatever you think looks cool, and then make foam rings for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A P90 can have a fair bit of reach with the right setup. I run .36’s out of my 1.4J gearbox in my CYMA P90, and can get out to 200 feet. It currently runs the standard port that P90’s use, but I plan to run a full cylinder (doing the same with my Thompson, same gearbox). I run a Prowin P90 hopup unit with a flathop bucking and nub, paired to an Angel Customs 6.03x260mm tight bore and it does well.

Things to keep in mind (especially for noise):

-Get a good set of gears (like a set of SHS), and shim them well to the gearbox. The gears that come with the CYMA V6 gearboxes are very noisey; a good set of gears and a proper shim will make a big difference. I would recommend a 16:1or 18:1 for simplicities sake.

-run a High torque, low RPM motor with Neodymium magnets, the shorter cycle time of a torquey motor will made the duration of any noise to be “shorter” and that makes it difficult to pinpoint the location of where it came from. Make sure the motor height is good too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts