Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the P90 is a SMG but I like short guns and I´m not into RS, so I came up with this idea.
The cylinder is not ported, the barrel is about 260mm (nearly as long as a MB02), so it is overvolumend and will joulecreep just fine and be able to use heavy bb´s for long range.
I read the 1Tonne thread about the AUG and right now I am thinking about transfering this on the P90 - but without the longer barrel (I know, it is less efficient, but I can´t change it due to legal reasons).

I would start with this gun, which is a modded Cyma:
My concern is not the range but the stealth. What do you think: is there enough room inside the receiver to dampen the sound and reduce the noise? A supp will be added with Scotchbrite, fart flap and all that, it´s more about the gearbox noise.
Let me know what you think about this idea!

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ignore the HPA guy, he just couldn't tech AEGs lol;
For Germany it's 1.5J semi only right? Then I'd do the following:
Begati PDW9 which already has a ETU made by Airsoft Systems so no need to change that;
Lonex pinon and bevel to really quiet down the gearbox;
Reshim the gears (alreadt 13:1 out of the box, no need to change);
Get the SSR90 hop up chamber+ inner barrel+ flat bucking/ Or maple leaf omega nub+ macron bucking+ ZCI inner barrel;
Use >0.3g bbs.
Jep, semi only always and 1.5J on most fields. Why change the HU unit? Is there a significant improvement I missed?

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to know! Thanks! What about sound? I found a review and it has a really short gear box signature, is there some space for 2mm dynamats between gearbox and receiver?
And I already have a MK23 and love it, but it´s not the perfect primary for fast woodland games. I could use the AAP01, but I would like to have the snappy trigger and the stealth - that´s why the P90 in the 1Tonne AUG modification came to my mind.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Time for an update. I got the PD9 and there is less room for dampening than I hoped for. Nevertheless I took the challenge. First thing I recognized is that the shell is welded together. So the endcap, fake ejection port and the disassembled trigger are the only three openings without cutting the shell.
First thing I did was gluing some 1mm high density rubber at all areas I could reach. This reduces the sound significantly, when you knock on the shell.
Next was adding some automotive acoustic felt in all empty spaces around the gearbox. I used 2mm and worked in layers, it's a challenge to work only from the shoulder plate without blocking the mechanical parts. I filled the grip with some foam.
That's all I did up to now. And results are quite good. It's significant more silent than before. Shimming and gearbox was fine. The original suppressor can't be opened, so I replaced it with a 10cm Scotchbrite one.
Best part is the range. I use a Macaron with Omega and 0.30g bb, tried even 0.4g and it shoots laser. Range is definetly better than my eyesight, so I will have to add a LPVO.
So my verdict: with a few mods the P90 is a quiet gun, has a really good range and can hop and shoot heavy BB's. I did use it for CQB but where it really shines is woodland as a mini DMR. So a LVPO may look reticulous, but is useful. To reduce the P90 to CQB only is in my opinion a mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts