Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my gun all painted and it's drying at the moment. Pictures to come I promise, but I am thinking I might want to put some kind of sealer on it something with a matte finish? Maybe it will be different when it drys but the paint seem like it will scratch off relatively easy. I used Rust-oleum camouflage paint.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I always use that Rustoleum camo paint. I lay down a good 3 or 4 coats of the base color and then go from there, depending on the camo style I guess. Give a few days in the sun and you'll be good to go. I painted my rifle and everyday I took it outside for the sun to kinda bake it dry. "Hot summer" and it lasted a good while, still rubs off no matter what though.

I am going to painting it again since I changed the stock and barrel and whatnot. I cant wait to see your pics buddy. I need some inspiration,lol..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately ranger winter is around the corner so not to many hot days left.
but as promised here are some pics (next set will be with me!) This is my first paint job of any sorts... Just hit it with some matte clear coat.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing while putting on a long sleeve shirt,lol..

Thats a nice paintjob though buddy, doesnt look like a first timer did it.

I will be doing mine sometime soon, I usually scan hundreds of camo painted rifles on Google before I decide to take the plunge. Not sure why but I always feel nervous before I start to paint, and I have done lots and lots of paintjobs. I'm always worried I'm gonna screw it up and it will look stupid,lol..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I just kept in mind that in nature there aren't really patterns like you don't see square tiles in nature, nature is random. So like wise I just did a little something here and something there and BAM! Very pleased with what I got, I'm tempted to do all my other rifles now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.