Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for having posted it here instead of in "Concealment"..please move if possible.

Hi everyone,
I might re-do the paint job on my Tanaka M40A1 and I would like to make it look like the one in the movie "Jarhead".

Here is some reference pictures, although I know most of you know the movie already (I like it, actually). To keep the thread clean, I'll put a cover picture and only links to others.

[PICTURE 1]
[PICTURE 2]

---

I already have two cans of Sniper MK paint, specifically:
- Flat Dark Earth
- Foliage Green

so I am assuming I lack some sort of brown..

what would you guys suggest? This looks to me as a fairly easy paint job, compared to some masterworks I've seen here on the forum (*bows* :)).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Remember that the closer you use the can, the stronger the shapes will appear. In this case I would suggest spraying the green a bit further away.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! Thanks for the help, I don't know if my dark flat earth is going to work as tan but I would say so (it changes with light a bit) so all I need is probably brown coyote or something along that line. The paint job seems done with the rifle assembled so spray away and take it easy..should be the motto.

I'll do that while chewing bubble gum, it will get me in the groove :)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
It actually doesnt take that long and its easy to do. Yet, almost everyone who talks to me (regular airsofters, not snipers) about the paint job cant believe that I did it myself and that I didn't pay $40 to get it done at an airsoft store.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Having my rifle painted for $40" is a contradiction in terms, in Italy..some people do stupid high-res jobs (that look horrible, to me) for non less than $150-200$ to stay safe..

Do good: paint yours :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.