Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So it is time to sell my beloved Scion FR-S. Not just any ol FR-S but a 2014 419HP Turbo charged Monogram FR-S, my dream car, my very first car (took me two/three years of hard work and saving to pay in cash), spent a load of time (and money) modding taking it from the stock 200hp to 419hp, more importantly the car I courted my first and only GF in, and speed off with her to our honeymoon in a cloud of white smoke in, and brought her home for the first time. Time has changed and BB (our first Brinker Baby) is growing like a weed and we hope to need even more room in the future. We have extreme goals to pay off our house in the next 5 years and if I sell my four wheeled fun machine and get something older/cheaper, it will get us that much closer. Am I completely crazy? I did have dreams of hunting blind sniper and that one Canadian guy who love Tim Horton's coffee down and giving them a good race but looks like it was not meant to be!
IMG_0647-2.jpg
IMG_2720 (1).jpg IMG_2723 (1).jpg IMG_2707.jpg IMG_2716.jpg

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So...I'm guessing it's probably the first one, because the second is just shy of devel 16 numbers.
Unless you built a batmobile...is that a batmobile...?
Lol! Yep it is the first one. Typo there. I will fix that.
I like the spoiler btw! Was not so much built after the batmoblie but does have some resemblance. Just really liked the red accents on the slick bad looking black interior/exterior. The red underglows and interior accent lighting really wakes it up in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,121 Posts
Was not so much built after the batmoblie
And yet still manages to look more like a batmobile than CW managed. (No comment on the show...)
The lighting looks kinda like the batmobile from the Batman and Robin 1997. I dig it.

Yes. That is a matte black wrapped corvette C7. It is also the CW batmobile.

Brinker Baby
Forgot to congratulate you!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to congratulate you!
Thanks man! That is not a bad looking batvette either!

Don't sell any ''dream'', never...
Congrats for the life you've created, wishing all the best!
I did have thoughts of BB inheriting and keeping it in the family but I wouldn't want to push anything on him. Thinking if I sell it now, maybe him and I can create a new car dream in the future like building one of those factory five kit cars together with him. Thanks for the congrat!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Aw man I would have loved to meet up!! Little more power than I’m making, would have been a good run!! 🍻

·
Registered
245 Posts
That’s a beautiful car, sorry you’re going to sell it. 😕

Congratulations on your child though!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Aw man I would have loved to meet up!! Little more power than I’m making, would have been a good run!!
Really? The way you pulled on some of those cars in your videos I figured you had at least 420hp. What does your car weigh and how many ponies are you putting to work under the hood? From the looks of your videos, I think it would be a pretty good run.
That’s a beautiful car, sorry you’re going to sell it.

Congratulations on your child though!
Thanks man! I am really kinda sad but then super excited to make a decent dent in my mortgage.... but hoping I won't regret giving up the sentimental value.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You can always switch to a fun 4 door hatchback/sedan with a manual! Like a B8 Audi S4, Golf Gti/R, Mazdaspeed3, E46 330i ZHP, etc etc.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most importantly for my plan to work, I am looking to replace my FR-S with something reliable, under $8k and easy resale for when/if we need something with 3rd row seating. Something 2010 or newer with 120Kmi or less. Doesn't necessarily have to have 4doors as I just drive it to work. Something sporty and halfway fun would just be a big bonus. Looking at used corollas, civic, sonatas, Tc, and the such. An accord would be perfect but hard to find under $8k. Mazda3 might be a good option, haven't checked them out lately. I am open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My car has around 400 to the wheels, depending on what dyno. On a “heartbreaker” dyno (I forget which model), it has even less lol.

Last weigh in my Golf was 2,740lbs with me in it and a 1/4 tank of gas. It was already gutted. However, I’ve been on a weight reduction kick and I have yet to re weight it. My goal is 2,500 or less with me in it and 1/4 tank. Since last weigh in I’ve removed a ton of junk so I should be close. I mainly need a carbon hatch and sunroof delete panel.

But my car is strictly setup for highway and top end. Also, all of the videos I have were against stock motor cars with bolt ons, as sporty as they were. Power to weight is my BIGGEST advantage. I’m not the greatest driver either lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
I run a 2010 mazda3. Last generation that still has the Zoom Zoom engine. Past that are the ones with Eco or whatever it is. No balls to them like the older ones.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car has around 400 to the wheels, depending on what dyno. On a “heartbreaker” dyno (I forget which model), it has even less lol.

Last weigh in my Golf was 2,740lbs with me in it and a 1/4 tank of gas. It was already gutted. However, I’ve been on a weight reduction kick and I have yet to re weight it. My goal is 2,500 or less with me in it and 1/4 tank. Since last weigh in I’ve removed a ton of junk so I should be close. I mainly need a carbon hatch and sunroof delete panel.

But my car is strictly setup for highway and top end. Also, all of the videos I have were against stock motor cars with bolt ons, as sporty as they were. Power to weight is my BIGGEST advantage. I’m not the greatest driver either lol.
You got some horses on me then. Mine should be 419 at the engine and 350 at the wheels on a mustang dyno. I thought it looked like you were pulling harder then me. We’re about the same weight. I not a good driver either, actually I am so bad I got an automatic lol!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I run a 2010 mazda3. Last generation that still has the Zoom Zoom engine. Past that are the ones with Eco or whatever it is. No balls to them like the older ones.
I will check those Mazda’s out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We just got a Jeep Renegade Sport - it would be perfect for a family of 4 - a little cramped with a family of 5.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I test drove mazdaspeed3s when I was looking for my last car and I did really like them, but I didn't like the torquesteer under full throttle. Ended up going with a Volvo S60R AWD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts