Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Patches

10273 Views 79 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  the3rdeye88
Hello everybody!

Recently I have been thinking that it would be a good idea if I made some ASF patches. On a few of the other forums that I am on have started doing this and I think it is a good idea to kind of spread the word of ASF. Last night I did a quick sketch up of what I thought they might be able to look like. Before you respond saying that it looks bad, please take notice that this is my first time ever with photoshop. Now, I wasn't able to add this in the picture, but I was going to add the words Airsoft Sniper Forum around the outside of the crosshair equidistant apart. Also, the color to the left of the image is the color I was thinking about, but that could change at any moment. Pleas post your comments on what you think it should look like, if we should even have one, or any other changes that you would like to see made. Also, I would like to know the backing type you guys would prefer (velcro, sew-on, etc.)

Here is the pic:

See less See more
1 - 14 of 80 Posts
Right up my alley folks designs forthcoming....

Now with most places you can go up to 6 colors at no extra charge. I would also make them at least 2.5" and Velcro backed.
Sorry tried to modify the post above but it wouldn't let me attach a file...

So here it is and yes there are centering issues but I'm more after what you think of the over all design, shape, color than anything else right now. So fire away on those issues and I will tweak, create, or modify until we have it right.
silentfury214 said:
I would maybe make the greens darker because right now the main color is a little blaring. I tried woog's idea last night as well, but I couldn't get it to look right. Also, I would maybe change the design a little bit by changing he person making him a little more sniper-like. Fuzz, I am all for getting more ideas. I think we should get all of the members on the forum in on this because in a way it represents us all.

Also, what software did you use sounguru?
Colors you see on the screen are not what the patch will be. Sadly it is hard to represent Pantone colors unless everyone is running the same color balanced monitors.

Just another note I can stitch up samples once we have a final design for you to see what the final product will be real similar too.

To me the greens are darker.

I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 (I think they are up to 9 now)

Okie dokie 2 more designs for you folks to look at and I will stop there until we get more feedback.

See less See more
I would rather have something unique not a knock off of someone else's patch. Plus that patch (midwest sniper patch) has little detail I would like to see more detail...

Lord knows the skull and crossbones is over done, but hey people seem to like it... :)
Not trying to start anything just a simple observation, but it has been used before correct. So just tweaking it to fit our needs doesn't make it unique.

Each person has their own views but I have found that patches in general are not meant to be viewed from a distance but close up. So the more detail the more they catch someones eye and people ask about it. I have designed many a patch for different functions/teams in our area and the ones that people comment on are the more detailed patches.

Most patches I see for airsoft teams or forums are rather plain more because of design than what can actually be done.

Basically we need to settle on a design element be it a skull, a sniper, a set of crosshairs, etc. and then build the patch around that base. Since the forum doesn't have a logo we have no base to start on so making it harder.

Here is a nice large gallery of what can be done for ideas... http://www.custompatches.net/military.html

Now for something totally off base a slogan patch design... ;)

See less See more
Mosin said:
Either way we go with this, there is a business side to this. I would be more than willing to take charge of making the phone calls and ordering the patches, however current job as is is what has my time. If any of the mods wanted to this task up. But let's go ahead and get basic design specs out of the way, narrow it down to two or three and then make another poll. Democracy prevails.

-Mosin
Just stay away from Butler patches they have hammered the last 3 patches I have sent to them to stitch up... ;)

silentfury214 said:
I agree with sounguru and think that we should all agree on a base before we actually design the patch, in turn making our lives one step easier.
What I would be willing to do is hammer out say 6 designs all based on a few simple elements and then poll the elements down from there. Might take me a day or so but if that works we can go from there.
Okay after reading all of the input given so far I think we need to step back and look at this from another angle entirely.

First we need to make a site logo that gives us an identity and from there you make the patch. I will use my site a a reference because I have both a site/team logo and them a patch based on the logo that is our field patch.

Thank along the lines of brand recognition, but first we need that brand logo something that everyone will recognize no matter how it is used...

Team/Site Logo

The Field patch based on that logo..

As you can see the elements are all there and everyone in my area quickly ID's the two even though they are a different design.

Update... an example of what I'm talking about...
Site Logo

Patch derived from logo
See less See more
Mosin said:
Im not going to lie man, these things have happened in the past. I understand that you've almost been on the site for a year now. But this feels like its moving fast. Talking about making a banner and whatnot now, I've been a member of this website for nearly 4 years, not long after it was created and most certainly when it was just getting going. ASF is an international thing now, something like this is something I personally don't want to see rushed. You said you all wanted specific and not done elsewhere, so let's start from there.

-Mosin
Airsoft Sniper

EDIT: could someone do one of those red/blue backgrounds with the person being white silhouette? But have the guy obviously be crouched with a long rifle and ghillie suit. If you don't know what im talking about check out the nba logo thing.
soundguru: I like the 3rd one you made in that last post, could you change the text so it doesn't have the lines at the bottom? I've got a professional patch maker in canada (sue from COM patches who can help us out with this, just gotta settle on a final design).
By no means do we want to rush it I agree with ya completely on that everything I have put up is ideas only.

If we have a logo on the site that matches the patch it just ties it all together when someone sees one or the other.

Will work on both designs today for you....
And here ya go...

Logo...

Patch

On the patch I tried a ghille but it just ended up looking like a blob of nothing.

Also if you can get me the # reference for the site colors (the brown and the green) I can make those match perfectly.

Also I do have the High Res PSD files of all of these if you need them.
See less See more
A more subdued patch...

And if you wanted to tie the 2 together...

See less See more
Mosin said:
Unfortunately im working off my phone right now, ill get in contact with sue and see what we can do about getting this rolling. It seems pretty conclusive, but I don't want to be the only authority on the patches happening. Ill wait until Livonia takes a look. As this forum officially belongs to him.
When you are ready I will send the full high res 6" x 6" file for the patch maker to use.

Thanks guys I enjoy doing it.

I design a lot of patches some for pay and some for trade depending on who it is. Nice thing about doing these is that even without a clue for a starting point you guys were clear and concise enough to narrow down what would work best. So a big hat off to you all in making my job easier.
The top one is the patch the other is a logo for the forum so you don't have to decide between the 2.
1 - 14 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.