Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the IR-Hop-Z kit from Clandestine Airsoft. I have a PDI 05 inner barrel (554mm) installed in my gun but I have a PDI 05 (430mm) barrel coming in the mail. Would you wait and put the IR-Hop on the 430mm inner barrel or the 554mm barrel?
BTW
I chrono'd my gun and its way to hot 3.33 joules 598fps .20's using the PDI SPR 250% spring, which is the lowest SPR spring PDI has. The next spring down is the VSR 330 spring. Problem is if you read their website data on springs

X-FIRE PDI official distributor

they use different barrel diameters and weight BB's for testing so it takes a bit to figure out what the best spring choice would be. Anyone have any experience with this?

Im currently running the w-hold pdi hop and chamber so ill post the differences between that and the r-hop later

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
R-hopping a PDI barrel is going to drive you insane. Been there, done that. PDI does not use a normal window. It is a weird shape. I would advise finding someone to machine out the window prior to installing if you can.

As for everything else.. I dunno

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ive tried R-Hop and tune a PDI. Not pleasant.

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
Moot point if you have a machinist, but PDI barrels are not meant to take R-hops from the factory.

If your compression is good a 280% will get you just under 550/.2g, if not a 330% isn't a bad option.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You will need to sand he inside to make it angled to fit the windows curve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts