Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm going for the PDI route, but I was wondering what parts are compatible with the Bore-Up kit.

Can I use ANY other brand other than PDI with the Bore-Up kit?

Thanks, Milo.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
woogie said:
You don't need a bore up kit. It is just a waste of money to be honest ;)
Ok, what should I go for instead?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
akfortyseven said:
Thanks. A blunt answer is what I was looking for.

And another question, does the PDI VC cylinder use a shorter stroke than the Laylax teflon cylinder or EdGI cylinder?

I would prefer a longer stroke and better performance rather than a shorter stroke and decreased performance.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oh good! I kinda felt like a @(*# for not explaining. I don't think it does but you should still be fine even if it had a shorter stroke. I thought VSR10's had alot more air then needed in the cylinder. I've heard that PDI pistons have a tendency to break in half?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I agree, go LayLax. Also, if you go with one brand, stick with that same brand with exception to the barrel and hop-up.

I'd recommend a LayLax Zero Trigger rather than just upgraded sears. The trigger pull will be a lot lighter and the whole unit itself will be more durable.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, so instead of a complete PDI set up, do you guys reckon the following set up would give a better performance?

Laylax Z-trigger
EdGI Power/Durability upgrade package
Laylaxcylinder head
Laylax teflon cylinder (or PDI VC cylinder, will it be compatible?)
EdGI inner barrel
Firefly hop up rubber

Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
WorstInFinLanD said:
Get the laylax teflon, also, if you get edgi don't buy .01 or .00, they lack in precision, does edgi durability pack include spring guide? If not, get one.
I'm getting a .03 barrel from EdGI
Yes, the package includes the spring guide, but I want to make sure the Laylax cylinder head and Laylax teflon cylinder have the right diameter to match the EdGI kit too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
akfortyseven said:
The TM Precision Chamber
Thanks, does it require an AEG barrel and bucking or not?

·
Registered
312 Posts
It requires the standard VSR barrel and bucking. May I ask why you want to put EdGI parts in a Laylax cylinder? Its generally a bad idea to mix brands...

Edit: Another thing, the Firefly buckings are said to not work very well with the hopup arm in its stock configuration because the fangs on the arm don't apply even pressure for the fingers in the bucking

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yeah, I'd go with Laylax for everything related to the cylinder, and also the trigger mech.

Sounds like you want the TM Precision Chamber, which comes with a nice barrel and bucking, so I guess this could be a good list for you depending on the power/reliability you want out of the system:

Laylax Teflon Cylinder
Laylax Cylinder Head
Laylax Spring Guide
Laylax Zero Trigger (comes with orange piston)
Laylax Spring (your choice of power)
TM Precision Hop-Up Unit (comes with nice barrel/bucking)
Heavy Ammo of your choice

I'd also make your own barrel spacer(s)

·
Registered
909 Posts
You can use a different barrel with the TM Precision Hop-Up, but it comes with a nice one. I'd just polish it and stick with the one it comes with to save cash. If not, then I'd go with a PDI 6.03 which are pretty pricey.

Also, I don't thing EdGI is any better or worse than LayLax, but it's best to not mix parts. Do they make a 90 degree piston? What all parts do they make for the VSR-10?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ok, that helps a lot. The piston looks like it's a 45 degree design, so it wouldn't work with the Zero-Trigger unless you got either a machinist or EdGI to make it into a 90 degree. The Z-Trig does come with a piston though.

If you're not getting too crazy with the FPS though, then you could just upgrade the sears and then you could run the full EdGI set-up and it would be nice.

What's your parts list looking like right now? That would help us to give you any further advice.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thank you Wesley810.

My current bar-10 is stock internally, I'm just planning out everything to buy and then I'll get the lot.

I'm looking at a Laylax teflon cylinder and cylinder head and the EdGI kit with a Laylax Zero Trigger.

Once again, thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.