Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i am running a PDI BoreUp Cylinder with a PDI Hop Up Chamber, but i am unsure which barrel would be the best for this setup.

I´ve read that, because of the cylinder volume of the bore up, i should use a inner barrel above 500mm - so i found a PDI 6.08 500mm inner barrel , would that work well?

Does someone have experience with the BoreUp cylinder and knows which barrels are the best to use?

Thanks for any help and greetings from germany!:yup:

·
Registered
780 Posts
It all depends on the weight of bb you are gonna shoot! Tell us that first!

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,546 Posts
I´d use a 430mm barrel with that.

Also put a sorbo on the CH, which will reduce cylinder volume, and make your gun quieter.
I agree know that you wrote this. The cylinder volume will go back down to a standard vsr (probably) and it will be quieter. Therefore, the 430 will be the most efficient.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you already have a pdi barrel just use that!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
If I remember rightly (so I could be wrong), the standard PDI cylinder has a slightly smaller volume than a normal one. The bore up version is actually very similar to a stock cylinder volume (if only just over).
Also, you are looking at using a 6.08mm inner barrel. This is wider that what most of us use and is less efficient. 430mm would be good if the bore size was 6.01mm-6.03mm. I would advise trying a barrel of around 390-410mm because of the air loss.
Though you may not even see much of a difference between a 430mm barrel and a 390mm.
If possible, get yourself a 6.01mm barrel. They are way more efficient and none of us here have been able to see an accuracy difference between bore diameters. The only difference is the tighter bore will give more fps and this can contribute to better accuracy. But if a wide bore barrel and a tight bore barrel are both shooting the bb at the same energy rate then the accuracy should be about the same.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I remember rightly (so I could be wrong), the standard PDI cylinder has a slightly smaller volume than a normal one. The bore up version is actually very similar to a stock cylinder volume (if only just over).
Also, you are looking at using a 6.08mm inner barrel. This is wider that what most of us use and is less efficient. 430mm would be good if the bore size was 6.01mm-6.03mm. I would advise trying a barrel of around 390-410mm because of the air loss.
Though you may not even see much of a difference between a 430mm barrel and a 390mm.
If possible, get yourself a 6.01mm barrel. They are way more efficient and none of us here have been able to see an accuracy difference between bore diameters. The only difference is the tighter bore will give more fps and this can contribute to better accuracy. But if a wide bore barrel and a tight bore barrel are both shooting the bb at the same energy rate then the accuracy should be about the same.
Thanks for the Information! I read that the bore up cylinder has a diameter of 23mm instead of 22mm which the original cylinder have. If I use a 500mm 6.08 i would have a cylinder:barrel ratio of 2.57:1 - if I calculated correctly , which I am not sure about

So you guys would recommend a 430mm barrel even with 1mm more cylinder diameter ?

Greetings from germany

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I just realised that going off the ratios I did, the matching barrel length for a 6.03mm is actually 400mm for a 0.45gm bb. Not 430mm. Since your cylinder is wider, I would only recommend going up to a 420mm inner barrel if it was a 6.03mm.
Though if you already have a 6.08mm PDI barrel, you may want to cut it down and then make the inner cone again with a rotary tool. With the 6.08mm, I would definitely go with 390mm just because of the extra air loss. This should give you about the maximum possible energy for your system.
If you do only cut the 6.08mm down to 430mm, then that would be fine too. It will still be accurate but the 390mm barrel would have most likely got you about 0.05 joules extra energy. So not much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.