Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive been searching and have been unable to find a site that has the PDI Hop up Chamber for the Type 96's except redwolf airsoft. The only problem with them is it says it will take several weeks to arrive. Has anyone else had any luck finding a site with this item in stock? I will continue looking but if you find one please let me know.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Overseas again, but pretty much the only other place: http://www.x-fire.org/type96/e.t96_chamber.html

This place has them for a ridiculous price, but if you muuuuust have the PDI: http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=39&products_id=2811

I'd MUCH rather recommend another hop up chamber, only because the PDI's 2 arm system is annoying and tedious and pointless. I'd much rather recommend the ASE chamber: http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product...=5791&osCsid=1f519adb2e3471380a9d12f6ee85c82e Much cheaper and only uses 1 hop up arm. There are other sites that sell this, though this is the only place I could find them in stock and at this price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if i cannot get rid of this terrible left/right curving of my bbs, i have heard the PDI can be a great solution to that problem since i has the two arms for left and right. What are some of the benefits to using the chamber you are suggesting over the PDI? As of right now my gun is not shooting efficient or maintaing any form of groupings. I may try and swap out the upgraded spring to see if that helps, but regardless i want to get rid of this cheap chamber asap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i had posted on there letting yall know what i had done, as far as my hop up arm, my original one was broke so i had Leapers send me a new one. They actually sent me a whole new chamber and bucking as well. So this one isnt broke that i know of, at least it wasnt when i reassembled the rifle. im hoping to get a little work done on it today before i go to class so i will post an update then.

·
Registered
212 Posts
tsk tsk tsk, I told you the hop up arm is weak. That was actually my #1 guess for your side-hop, though I didn't actually put it first... Anyways.

If you don't want the arm to break again, I suggest reinforcing it with something like a metal shim or epoxy or whatever. It's fabulously brittle, like I said. Or, go with an ASE chamber or a PDI chamber with one hop up arm instead of two. Look up Cheese Man's Shapeways store to buy a large, single hop up arm.

By the way, be careful when you put the barrel and bucking into the hop up chamber. The hop up chamber has these nasty threads inside of it that like to rip the bucking. I suggest lightly coating the bucking in a bit of vaseline and slowly slide it in.

EDIT: oh wait, is the replacement one already in your gun and giving you problems? I'd check again to see if it was broken. Those things break fast. Mine broke within the first week. I was wondering why my shots were all effed up so soon...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, I personally haven't done this mod myself, so I'm not quite sure the exact thickness you'll be needing, but brass shims should work fine. Super glue will work. I like Loctite impact resistant super glue. Works real well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.