Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm a bit new to this forum so let me know if I do anything wrong.

I bought an Echo1 ASR a while ago and started upgrading it yesterday. I installed a Madbull 455mm TBB, Systema bucking, and PDI hop up system.

I just have 1 question about the hop up system, and I'm hoping someone who has used it can help: the nub I received seemed too long to fit in the area for it, but I forced it in anyways and now it's a very tight fit. Would I be better off shaving this down?

I ran out of time yesterday and couldn't test whether the hop up adjustment actually made a difference, I plan on trying to check today or tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help/thoughts.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I moved this to the "Maruzen" section as this involves the PDI hop up chamber designed for the Maruzen (ECHO1 ASR=Clone).

The PDI nub is meant to be longer that most nubs, but if you find you need to shave it down a little, then it is fine to do so. Just do not shave it down too much, as the PDI nub is supposed to be longer than the average nub.

Also, like Silent said, check out the rules section, make an intro post, and let us know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. I got the hop up fixed yesterday, the problem wasn't the nub, it was that the bucking wasn't aligned with the nub (barrel was turned).

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Didn't want to spam another topic so I'll ask it here.

Sniper: L96

PDI hop chamber + scs nub problem.

The classic problem that shredder's nub is to small so it requires centering. The classic solution is to cut the PDI stock nub you get with the hop up repair kit, but I am hesitant to do so due to the fact that I could need it later.

I did it by taking the isolation rubber of an old computer cable, and trimming it until I got the nub to center.

Finally on to the question, does the "trimmed rubber" have to have the same shape as if I used the stock rubber PDI nub or is my square shape improvisation going to do the trick?

p.s To justify why I am asking. The upgrade was done a few days ago and I'm overloaded with work so had no time to test it, also it's questionable that I will find time in near future but am just dying to know will it work?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Use the original nubbing, and never a hard type bucking. A stock TM bucking will work just as well if not better than anything else. I've tried about 4 different buckings.

I would also never recommend using a KM TN style barrel in a PDI chamber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.