Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone who can help,
I have a Type 96 with all the upgrades possible. Zero Trigger, PDI Hop-up, PDI barrel spacers, 6.01 TBC barrel, and the Precision Cylinder Set (Vacuum). Everything without the Cylinder Set works fine, but when I install the Set, it doesn't work. To be more precise, I can pull the bolt back, but when I go to push it forward, its relatively hard; and I can hear something grinding inside the cylinder. On top of this problem, when I go to pull the trigger it makes a "dud" sound and the BB won't even roll out of the barrel. Can someone tell me whats up with this? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Two things I need you to try first. Remove the barrel from the gun, leaving the trigger and cylinder installed. Cock it, and see if you can push it forward at that point. If not, pull the trigger with the cylinder locked back, it should fly forward.

After you've done that, pull the cylinder out, and check for excessive signs of wear on the trigger assembly and the exterior of the cylinder.

After you've tried that, get back to me and let me know.

Also, what spring are you using?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to start, thank you for helping. Alright, so it;s somewhat still a problem to move the cylinder forward, but when I shoot it after it's been cocked back, it flies forward with enough force to split some skin off my thumb and now im bleeding.

By the way, I have an APS 180 Spring.

Well, the Trigger seems fine, no scratches or nicks, but the cylinder has a gash running down toward the damper cylinder head underneath where the spring and piston are visible. Not to be dumb, but what does that mean?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What doesn't make sense about the entire thing is that I put the piston, the spring, the guide, and the damper head on the stock cylinder and it shot perfect. I'd have to place it at 100 to 150 yards easily. I suppose my real dilemma is why isn't the Precision Cylinder work with the set it came with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking it might be the cylinder because I put the piston and guide in the original cylinder and it fires perfectly fine. It's not a big deal, but I spent money on the cylinder and I would like it to be included, so if anyone knows what's up, please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
concileus said:
I'm thinking it might be the cylinder because I put the piston and guide in the original cylinder and it fires perfectly fine. It's not a big deal, but I spent money on the cylinder and I would like it to be included, so if anyone knows what's up, please let me know. Thanks
Something is causing the grinding on the cylinder, you just have to pin-point what exactly it is. It's usually one of the screws being over-tightened which makes it protrude through the barrel and contacts the cylinder. It's also possible, though pretty unlikely that the cylinder is cut to specs, which is causing misalignment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.