Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
That particular inner barrel will not work properly with the stock hop up.

I believe it will still fit, but if it's not working properly, then having a PDI inner barrel would be pointless to begin with.

Two solutions:

1) Buy a PDI hop up chamber (highly recommended). This allows you to use the PDI barrel without any modifications.

2) Dremel/Cut the inner barrel so it fits properly, but you can potentially mess up your barrel permanently.

I do not have experience cutting inner barrels.

If you decide to do #2 perhaps username-> Cheeseman could guide you if you asked nicely.

·
Registered
384 Posts
People complain about both hop ups for different reasons.

PDI
+ Adjustments left/right/up/down
+ Highly accurate shots if adjusted properly
+ Accepts AEG parts
- Expensive(?) --> depends on your budget
- VERY difficult for some to adjust (I think it's much easier to adjust if installed flawlessly)
- On rare occasion, some people never get it to work the way they want it to (perhaps manufacturing issue)

HP
+ Low Price (<1/3 the $$$ of PDI)
+ Simple to install
+ Accepts AEG parts
- No adjustments left/right, only up/down
- People have complained about manufacturing issues (i.e. no window for the nub to be placed)
- You need the adjustment ring from the stock hop up (only a negative if for some reason yours is gone or broken)

There's a lot more negatives and positives, but I bolded what I believe are the most important key aspects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.