Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rebuilding one of my APS-2s with pretty much all PDI parts, and recently PDI was having a sale on its outlet web store, so I just get the final piece of the puzzle --- v-Trigger.

The assembly arrived shortly and I tried to install it on my rifle right away, and I found that the piston is unable to lock back, I removed the cover of the trigger assembly and try to operate the gun, looked through the openings under the receiver and my observation as follow...

(MZ original trigger assy. approximate measurement)

(PDI v-Trigger assy. approximate measurement)

(MZ original trigger assy.)

(PDI v-Trigger assy.)

Apparently the travel/clearance is not enough for the sear to return to locked position, while original trigger assembly works as expected.
Did some search and found similar issue on Type96 version but result is unclear, so I posted here trying to look for help, any useful info is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well now it seems PDI has 3 defective items, their hopup unit, suppressor, and this :p well maybe if you got a PDI piston (if they even make one)? I'm not 100% sure in that, but another forumer here named Careful can mill one for you to fit the trigger. You should ask him, or just try to buy the PDI one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I now have pretty much all-PDI APS-2 now, except:
Cocking handle ( Guarder made Laylax clone )
Laylax mount rail
"Stock" stock, magazine, magwell

Silly me right?

In fact there's an update, I call this problem solved but still not "very" satisfied.

I found a shorter spring guide in my parts bin ( could be Guarder ) that's not touching the VC assembly of the piston, it gives like 2mm more clearance and the sear can engage the piston end.

BTW, I took the cylinder assembly from my older APS-2 and found that the PDI piston inside is few mm longer by the middle tube part, I guess it's because some new-old version problem. It worked really well so I decided to keep it that way.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my ca m24 v-trigger. I ended up just taking the sear out and putting it into my ca trigger unit. I later figured out that the mounting threads on the receiver where not milled properly and had to source a new receiver for the rifle. The trigger then worked fine after about 20 mins of modifying the stock to fit the much wider unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: p2skater1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts