Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, new to the forums, but not to vsr's.

Anyway, i just ordered a lot of internals from x-fire.org,
- Palsonite precision VC cylinder set
- Vtrigger
- 6.01 430mm tbb
- Vsr sp80 spring
- 4x pro sniper barrel spacers
- silencer adapter

Anyway, it arrived after a long argument with parcelforce, but at my dismay, i found that they havn't sent me the palsontite cylinder (black) but they have instead sent the precision (silver) cylinder. So i was not to happy about this, but is the palsonite cylinder much better than the normal pdi one?

Anyway, since i have the vtrigger, i need to put the 90degree piston head on the piston that came with the trigger, anyway, for some reason, it won't screw on with the white derilin ring? but it will when the ring is not there. why is this? Am i installing it right?

Please get back to me asap as hoping to skirmish it tomorrow.

Thanks, josh

·
Registered
120 Posts
First, contact x-fire and get your palsonite cylinder. I have a precision cylinder, and I love it. But you paid extra for the palsonite so you need to get your money's worth.

PDI needs a new piston design imo (too many o-rings). You may need to adjust the delrin ring. Try pushing it forward a bit. See if the 90 degree piston end screws in CW or CCW.

Once you get the piston head dilemma fixed. Definitely put loctite on the 90 degree piston end. It will keep the threading on the piston from falling part.

Hope this helps. Reply back soon bud.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there mate, thank for the reply. I have contacted x-fire, but they still haven't replied... Do you think they will make me send back the precision cylinder? I think it may cost alot to ship it back to them, then also when i receive the palsonite cylinder, there will be more customs charges.

Onto the piston end problem, I think, what is wrong with it, is that they have sent the 90degree end for the boreup piston whereas i have the standard set, i think this because I compared some pictures on WCG of the 90degree end, also the 90degree end won't even fit into the cylinder, so they have either sent the completely wrong cylinder (not a vsr one, but i think it is they 90degree head, because 45degree one fits fine.) or just the wrong size 90degree piston end. So they will aslo have to send me a new one of them I guess...

As for installation, do you literally just screw the 90degree end into the piston, then reassemble everything?

Oh, and the 90degree end screws in CW.

Thanks, josh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For installation, you would just screw that into the piston. Use some Loctite, or something of that nature, just to make sure it doesn't get loose. It should work fine... unless the parts got mixed up somehow.

I have never dealt with x-fire, I try to keep my orders in the States, or from major overseas sites, like WGC or Redwolf (or occasionally ebaybanned), so I don't know whether or not it will cost you anything. Since its their bad, it shouldn't; but like I said, I don't know.

It might help us if you posted pictures so we can see exactly what your dealing with.

Good luck bro!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can confirm the 90 degree piston end, is for the boreup piston, and not the standard set.

Also could you just confirm this is definitely not the palsonite cylinder? I will upload a picture asap. thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Contact x-fire and see if they can pay for shipping. If they won't, then just keep the precision cylinder.

Do you think they might've sent you a bore-up V trigger? I know now for sure that the 90 degree end is bore-up.

As for the last question, yes, you do just screw it on and it's good to go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, here is the cylinder, it is just the precision one right, not the palsonite one?

If it is hard to see from the picture, it is silver, just about the same colour as the stock tm vsr cylinder.

Here is a picture of the piston end, the 45degree is screwed into the piston, and next to it is the 90degree head.

If you need any more pictures, let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try to contact x-fire before you use anything you may return.

Yep that's the Precision cylinder set.

Did you try taking the delrin ring off and and seeing if the piston end will screw in. If it doesn't then you for sure got a bore up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
joshh1512 said:
Sorry, what do you mean?
He means if the thing sticking out of the vtrigger matches the end on the piston. I'd assume the bore-up one would be bigger? I don't have experience with a bore-up one.

Just check to see if the 45 degree end is actually bigger than the 90 degree one. Take a ruler and measure across the threaded ends and compare. If the distance is the same, then you should have the correct piston end. If they are the same distance, check to see if the derilin ring is blocking it for some reason or another. Also, just for kicks and giggles, measure the distance at the bottom (facing away from the rest of the piston).

Hope I help!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Which part stick out of the vtrigger, the setpin, or the sear? Yes the 90degree end does screw into the piston without the derilin ring, but then when it is screwed in, the piston itself won't fit into the cylinder, also when I measured the 45degree head and the 90degree, the 90degree head is slightly bigger.

Ok here I have found 2 different pictures from WCG, one is of the boreup trigger, one is for the normal trigger. I think the triggers are the same for both boreup and normal, however the only difference is the 90degree end, also the packing the vtrigger came in has a blue background, whereas the boreup trigger has an orange theme on x-fire, so I think they have just put the wrong end in.

Here is the standard one...

Here is the boreup vtrigger.

Please take specific notice to the 90degree piston ends, as they differentiate for the boreup and normal. The one I have looks exactly like the end in the boreup picture.

Thanks,

Also, I am decent with tool, mainly with a dremel, performed many mods on my m4, however i don't want to touch if it is the wrong thing, i will let x-fire deal with it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I kind of had the same thing happen to me with x-fire. But I sent them an email and they were more than happy to get the problem fixed, especially since there is usually a price difference between the two sets.

To convert it from the 45 to a 90 you can just unscrew the back end off and you are good to go. I am not sure if there is honestly a difference between the bore up trigger or the normal trigger.

There shouldn't be anything different between the two. Though thinking about it, the bore up trigger may have a smaller sear on it. Due to the fact that the piston is over all larger, so the sear wont need to be as long. The spring guide should be the same if not longer though.

But the first thing I would do is, get a hold of x-fire, and they should be able to straighten it out. Just get through it and you should be good. If not put her up for sale, and see if you can't get your money out of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.