Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as i am sure anyone who looked at xfire's main page lately has noticed this
http://www.x-fire.org/e.index.htm (note it is the first iteam on site).

The vsr-10 modular stock. From the looks of it its made out of some polymer
and encompasses an ar style butt plate and pistol grip. If you look closely at the diagram it even appears that they have hardware for a folding mechanism for the butt plate. (these are just speculations i made based on the pictures provided)

Makes me wish I still had my vsr-10 or about 1.5 grand because now pdi has exhausted the last vsr-10 part if im not mistaken. Maybe now they will build a steel outer barrel and a custom trigger guard for the ca m24 like I always wanted them too.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yeah, definitely. In comparison to the very sexy aftermarket barrels and other bits they have made, this isn't really original.
I wouldn't buy it, but it's cool how you can use different pistol grips and butt pieces with it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the thread was started a while ago but this post is apropriate seeing how the stock is now for sale the price for pre order is almost 3x that of the fortress m40/m700 stocks and comes without handgrip or ar buttplate for mear 930 something $ us.

http://www.x-fire.org/vsr10/stock/e.vsr_stock.html

Reactions: MiloXC3

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the price tag I think I'd rather buy a Mac a5 stock and pay to have it fited and spend the extra 300-400 on a scope or something.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Not bad looking considering you have many different options, but did you see the price?!?! $933 !!!!!! So close to a grand for a stock?!

That is just nuts!
I agree. I could get a damn McMillan A4 put on my real Model 700 with a bedding job for like $700.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
PDI are pretty well-known for making their products expensive, but this is just way too far! I hope that no one buys it so they bring the price down. I quite like the look of it and can imagine it kitted out with a big scope and suppressor and some other PDI external goodies (e.g. fluted barrel) but would never pay that much for it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If no one buys it then the pricing will go up even more. In any marketplace, low demand for the product normally drives pricing up. As for PDI, if it sells well then the pricing will remain at $933.

What drives pricing down is competition.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.