Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i gave up on my kc02 dmr. It was not consistant enough, and i didnt want to build an hpa rig. So it is now my field carbine. I know the tm psg1 is precocking, but are there any other guns that are as well? And if there are no others, can i make a normal gearbox pre cocking? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Newer mosfets will allow for pre cocking. Then it doesn't matter which gun/gearbox you have it'll be made to be pre cocking just by the mosfet.
I know the BW king kong will do this. Although the programming seems cryptic unless you watch a few youtube programming videos.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Olle said:
The G&G L85 (and the ARMY clone) is also pre-cocking.
New G&Gs don't have precocking. Instead they have a standard length sector gear and piston, and just have a spacer behind the piston head.

If you know what you're doing, you could get an L85 gear set and modify the sector gear to work with normal stroke pistons. And because it's standard V2/3 size, it will fit in almost any gun, thereby making any AEG a precocking gun, without the difficulty of programing a mosfet. Also a good bit cheaper considering L85 gears run for about $20.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I emailed Airsoft Systems if they'd ever make a precocking AB mosfet standalone (the group that manufactures the ASCU), and they told me that they wouldn't because normal AB is just as fast. Supposedly the tiny difference in trigger response between regular AB and precocking AB is not worth the damage that the precocking will do to your parts. Just a heads up, as I have no personal experience with precocking.

But if you don't want to do work and you don't mind spending the money, AWS drop in fets have a precocking feature. They're expensive, but according to youtube videos, they work well.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The main principle behind pre-cocking is to make the gun behave more like our BA brothers, it supposed to add a little bit more consistency to the weapon, but when I did it to my EBR test platform I had nothing but nightmares trying to get it to work properly, and the consistency wasn't any better than a normaly functioning GB.

Topped off by you have to have high torque gears and a herculian battery to power it all, followed also by the additional stresses and strain put on the gears and box, in my veiw its just not worth the hassle :-/

Better to buy yourself a shizniz gear set and high voltage/dump output battery ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
IMO, Precocking gearboxes are best for higher fps, and by that I mean 500fps+ anything lower than that, and it's too hard to get working right for many reasons.

The biggest problem with them is having a gearbox that runs too fast, and blows past the point where the piston is precocked, thus double firing on semi. Either a lower voltage battery is needed, a slower motor, or a heavier spring. Because higher voltage batteries are awesome, I got a slower motor (more torque as well), and a stronger spring.

Lastly, bushings for this kind of set up, and they should be steel.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
If you don't like your 1022 psi, let me know ;)

Would love to see what you come up with though.

Is there really any real advantage to the precocking gearbox when you look at a nicely upgraded AEG?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh i love the thing, its just not the one shot killing machiene i thought it would be. Pre cocking allows for instant trigger response, beating a normal aeg by almost a second in some cases

·
Registered
101 Posts
metallicafatcat said:
There's no need for pre-cocking with neo-motors and high-discharge lipos.
It's still faster than neo-motors and high-discharge lipos. The trigger you'll get with an 11.1v is comparable to a 14.8v. The advantage is that you can use lower voltage batteries and still have instantaneous trigger response.

·
Registered
571 Posts
starfolder said:
metallicafatcat said:
There's no need for pre-cocking with neo-motors and high-discharge lipos.
It's still faster than neo-motors and high-discharge lipos. The trigger you'll get with an 11.1v is comparable to a 14.8v. The advantage is that you can use lower voltage batteries and still have instantaneous trigger response.
If you can come up with the numbers to support that, I'll believe you, but other than that I highly doubt you can notice it. Besides, you'll have a much harder time making sure that everything is in the proper resting position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.