Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never heard of using periscopes in airsoft but it seems to me like it would be a good idea if you camoed it right and stuff, does anyone else agree or disagree with this, and why do you think it is so uncommon?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I've seen one of the guys from '6mm hunters' on YouTube use one, but I have always preferred to just get in to some good cover and use a pair of binoculars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Some spotting scopes have the ability to be turned into some sort of periscope as they have rotating eyelet. Some can rotate at more than one point thus can possibly be used as periscopes. They are not very high, but you gain a couple inches.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think if your periscope got hit a "gunhit" rule would still apply so I dont really see the point. Besides its just more weight/junk to pack around.
well if you needed to go over a rise or locate a target from behind cover, it would be better to use a camoed periscope than to stick your head over. Better to risk getting shot in the periscope than in the face anyway haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is a civilian "golf"periscope" built by the same company that also is a supplier to the military of sniper periscopes. You can save hundreds by getting one of these for about $55.00 US as opposed to $315.00 US. Just needs camouflage tape or a ghillie sock/wrap. Might work fairly well for building clearing in some instances.

For under $60.00 I'd consider it.

http://www.golfperiscope.com/

·
Registered
890 Posts
The most I would use is a piece of cheap mirror (they have flexible ones that don't break) or one of the gun mounted mirror pieces.
It just seems like it would be just another thing to carry and would hardly ever get used. At least with the two things I listed above you wouldn't have to worry about attaching it to a piece of gear. It'll be affixed to the weapon or it'd easily fit into a admin pouch and forgotten about until it needs to be used.

·
Registered
93 Posts
GoldenTrigun, cheap (even cheaper) alternative, I like the way you think! When you say gun mounted mirror pieces, what do you mean? I am only aware of the mirrors that flip up so you can see your red dot from an angle to shoot while barricaded (around a corner without exposing your head). Is that what you meant?

InTheTallGrass, good point! When I see a $800.00 - $1,400 + Airsoft rifle. I have to remind myself, "it's just a game". Most people I have encountered in the game (and I do ask), their whole rig (weapons) included is under $600.00. The sad thing is, how often do we see kids with $300.00, or less, rigs wipe the field of almost everyone with a $1,000 + in gear? Nobody is immune to a well placed BB! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Interesting idea, I'd like them better if they would *flip* and snap closed (inverted) thereby showing only a camouflaged back. I think I like the ones found here if I were to work a urban area. http://www.xcalibertactical.com/products/mirrorsight/index.html

Thanks for showing these, I hadn't seen them before. With that said, I think perhaps in a sniper role, the periscope (if you choose to use anything) might work best, especially as there is no orange tip to it, and will only require a decent coat of camouflage paint, tape, or a ghillie sock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.