Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I’m kicking myself SO hard right now... apparently Paintball Asylum (the closest field to me) does indeed do airsoft, and they have indoor, urban and wood fields.

That means I can use my SSG10!! 🤙👍😎

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quite jealous of places like Paintball Asylum.. Living out in CA right now, where snipers are essentially banned. We've got some of the big names like Giant Paintball and the Code Red Airsoft field, and a few smaller names like Velocity Paintball.. all of which have a hard 400fps w/ 0.2's for all platforms. There's two fields I've found that do allow snipers, Wildlands that has only one small, tightly packed urban field for airsoft - and Alpine, which is better for sniping but... is filled with vegetation, and depending on which field site they decide to use will decide whether or not the sniper will be usable - it'd be helpful if they told us what field we're going to before we start hiking out of staging... the Hill field is quite literally a large hill, normally capture the hill gameplay, and due to the incline of the hill with thick vegetation, you often don't see an enemy until they're within 50ft. I digress.

I still can't figure out for the life of me why sniping in Cali is such a no-no. The whole state is much more into speedsoft than anything else.

Reactions: PheonixKingZ

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
I hate speedsoft. It’s literally no skill, and whoever has the fasted firing gun wins.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,036 Posts
I hate speedsoft. It’s literally no skill, and whoever has the fasted firing gun wins.
Untrue.
I could say that for sniping- whoever has the most accurate gun wins.
Speedsoft does require skill, much like competitive paintball does.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
I am 100% sure you have no clue what you are actually talking about. It requires a completely different skill set then your traditional "Milsim" skill set.

Untrue.
I could say that for sniping- whoever has the most accurate gun wins.
Speedsoft does require skill, much like competitive paintball does.
Its almost a carbon copy of the skill set required in competitive paintball. Minor tweaks. I used to play competitive paintball before switching to airsoft. I dont play speedsoft, not my cup of tea anymore "been there, done that", but I also dont play because it would be unfair to the speedsoft community here around me. Those skills are also quite useful in normal "milsim" play too when applied properly.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
1,036 Posts
Its almost a carbon copy of the skill set required in competitive paintball. Minor tweaks. I used to play competitive paintball before switching to airsoft. I dont play speedsoft, not my cup of tea anymore "been there, done that", but I also dont play because it would be unfair to the speedsoft community here around me. Those skills are also quite useful in normal "milsim" play too when applied properly.
Tentatively thinking about getting into speedsoft. I've been watching a bunch of paintball tutorials/tips and tricks to get a general feel and work out what skills to develop.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
That's ridiculous, you really don't know what you are talking about.
Speedsoft is an extension of regular airsoft, growing the arguable "sport".
All of those videos you see are highlights of bad things, like any media, people benefit from bad news as it always sells well, but don't actually expect it to be like that.

While I don't play it and never plan on it, I respect people's right to play it, as should you, as long as they keep the magdumped 6th graders to a minimum.

·
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think that Speedsoft is the primary direction where airsoft is going to go in the future.
Frankly I really hope not, but it's probably true. I just really can't get into it, I like the casualness of just regular airsoft, especially how lazy you can be with being a sniper. Nonetheless, I was looking up airsoft music montages for references in my video guide (and why not to use them) and came across this... which is exactly why I hate speedsoft. You could pull a hundred other examples off YouTube like this, but the overshooting, 40rps, running blindly into the open, it's not something you do in real life. Now, regular airsoft clearly isn't real life, but there's some tact to it, it's not just constant running and gunning and spraying 50 rounds into someone with a featherweight trigger. Going through WSE's other videos, there's moments in what I'll call.. "I ran too fast to possibly have been hit" moments, where speedsofters run up on a group of 5 people. Not everyone has their gun up, but somebody had their barrel on them for at least a good 2 seconds before they fire on them, but.. "nope, I'm fast, I am very fast"

·
Registered
636 Posts
I wouldn't mind speedsoft if it were a little more similar to traditional room clearing techniques. That, and it just doesn't feel as tactical. Also, nothing more annoying than just barely affording your rifle and then seeing some whiny 8 yo with a $1000 setup complaining he isn't hitting anyone (interesting story from Ballahack, lol).

·
Registered
143 Posts
nothing more annoying than just barely affording your rifle and then seeing some whiny 8 yo with a $1000 setup complaining he isn't hitting anyone (interesting story from Ballahack, lol).
That's my problem with my "right of passage" for the airsoft sniper role when it comes to the Novvy guns.. I get that we should be mad at the manufacturers for selling guns that need to be upgraded to perform rather than Novvy selling pre-upgraded guns that do perform out of the box, but nonetheless. Nothing pisses me off more than dropping $500+ on a sniper with parts and everything, with money I paid and time I spent trying to tech and do the upgrades myself, and there's some 12 year old out there with a $500 SSG24 - back in my day when I was at Ballahack, I ran into that a lot.

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
There seems to be a misconception or something with the word "Speedsoft." When I say speedsoft, I mean this. SpeedQB. What you posted is people with too much money on their hands being douche canoes.

Honestly, I loved playing actual tourny paintball, i just hated all the bullshit politics (and the cost of paint.... holy fuck that is expensive....)

I am confident that it would be possible to do a "Competitive MilSim". It would boil down to facilities, staff, OPFOR, and some investment in "equipment". Everything else is there. The major problem is no one will want to go threw with it as the staffing and equipment is a bit of a hassle. If you are interested in this Ill make a separate thread about it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
WOW, I apparently don’t know what I’m talking about...yeesh. 😐

·
Read Only
0 Posts
WOW, I apparently don’t know what I’m talking about...yeesh. 😐
Was pretty harsh for you have a right to voice your opinion about something, and i partly agree with you.

I've seen the speed target shooting which is pretty cool to watch, but to be fast in a CQB environment I'm sure a different skill set would have to be developed..slow is smooth..smooth is fast, no use hitting the trigger if that bb is going to fly through a gap of bodies unless your slicing the pie.

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
Lets break this down for a moment.

"I hate speedsoft." I don't care, that is your opinion. To quote your sig, "Them haters gotta hate." If you had left it at that I would not have said anything. "and whoever has the fastest firing gun wins." That statement is kind of true, but that is a blanket statement. I could dig into that, but I do not have the time to do that, as I have to go to work soon.

The sole thing I had a problem with in your post is this. "It’s literally no skill." This is the singular thing. I would regularly pull in 2-4k a month from tourny paintball, which is basically speedsoft. So when people say it requires no skill, it really pisses me off, as that is what I did for a living for a few years of my life. Which is downright disrespectful, thus spurring the whole "Airsoft is Toxic!" thing.

With that said..

181 - 200 of 204 Posts