Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

201 - 204 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Personally what I've loved about airsoft is that it's casual compared to paintball as a whole - that's really what I meant. You can run and gun in a sense, but not to the extent that I see people playing in "speedsoft speedyboi" ways in walk-on indoor fields - they look the part, but they're acting like assholes. Legitimate speedsoft with teams playing like that against each others? Oh hell yeah, that takes some skill. But the people trigger-spamming as they sprint past a dozen 13 year-old's having a birthday party and the "0p3r4t0r" who's trying to clear rooms the best way he can, only to get mag-dumped by some kid sprinting past him?... no, you're right, that's not SpeedSoft.

In general, people who play like that are new to me. In Colorado, the fields I played at were outdoors, mid-sized fields with urban and forest landscapes. When I moved to Virginia, I had Ballahack - huge swamp field, multi-story buildings, hell they got an old fighter jet just sitting there in the middle of the field. Then I got to San Diego... tight, small cqb fields is all I could find, with no love for snipers. The first field I tried was still a small and tight field, lots of HPA M4's and dye masks... sniper 100ft minimum engagement, which was pointless because the field was littered with plywood buildings every 20ft that you couldn't even get a line of sight past 50ft. I know that's not SpeedSoft because I know now that SpeedSoft is essentially airsoft on a literaly paintball field with the blow-up cover and whatnot, but it's a completely different playstyle from what I've been used to for years - and the fact that most of these fields here in San Diego don't even allow snipers tells me that they encourage this style of gameplay, which.. just feels so backwards to me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
But the people trigger-spamming as they sprint past a dozen 13 year-old's having a birthday party and the "0p3r4t0r" who's trying to clear rooms the best way he can, only to get mag-dumped by some kid sprinting past him?... no, you're right, that's not SpeedSoft.
That’s all that’s every been portrayed to me, as speedsoft in a hole. That’s why I said I didn’t like it. :/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I’ll take a look at that vid. later. 👍

201 - 204 of 204 Posts