Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Also, sorry for all the questions, but how long would a single 12g Co2 cartridge last me? (As in how many fully magazines could I shoot)
I estimate 50-60 shots...maybe? Haven't used CO2 that much.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
So, around 2 full mags, not bad.

I don’t have any local outdoor fields, which I’m super mad about. That’s why I’m getting the SSP1, so I can use it indoors. Where the heck am I supposed to use my $800+ sniper setup? 😤

My total load out (if I do decide to get this) will be over $1,000. Does that mean I’m insane? Or dedicated? 🤨

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
When my SSP1 was still working I got roughly 2 mags of BBs before it needed a new capsule.
You may want to get another mag or two, 2 isn't really enough if you're doing pistol only.

For BBs, I suggest .30 or .32, but .28 is good for indoors.
A good rule I follow is use whatever BB gives you above 290 FPS and below 365 FPS, as that's a the window between not being able to see the enemies grab your BBs (I did it to a guy once it you can believe it) and not having your BBs become unpredictable/inaccurate.

·
Registered
959 Posts
So, around 2 full mags, not bad.

I don’t have any local outdoor fields, which I’m super mad about. Where the heck am I supposed to use my $800+ sniper setup?

My total load out (if I do decide to get this) will be over $1,000. Does that mean I’m insane? Or dedicated?
Bruh. You're doing way better than me.
When I first bought my gear, I didn't even know that I had to upgrade my rifle.
I spent maybe £500 pointlessly only to get a completely new loadout.

Reactions: PheonixKingZ

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I’ll definitely be holding onto it for now.

Eh, I’ll see if I can afford one more mag.

For BBs, I suggest .30 or .32, but .28 is good for indoors.
I’ll try 0.28g for now.

——

Also, I’ll go with the Co2. Thanks for the advice, so more money didn’t go down the drain. 👍

——

Is the SSP1 loud loud? I don’t want to get something I have to wearing hearing protection with...

·
Registered
959 Posts
I’ll definitely be holding onto it for now.

Eh, I’ll see if I can afford one more mag.

I’ll try 0.28g for now.

——

Also, I’ll go with the Co2. Thanks for the advice, so more money didn’t go down the drain.

——

Is the SSP1 loud loud? I don’t want to get something I have to wearing hearing protection with...
It's loud but not that loud.
It's the good kind of loud.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Airsoft can't really get that loud, not much more than the SSP1 imo.
The SSP1 is like a subsonic .22 LR but lower pitched and with more metal noises, it's great for CQB as it's louder than what most people have, and you can probably make an amplifier if you want (you don't really need to)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
So it’s quieter than a .22? I have sensitive ears, that’s why I’m so concerned.

·
Registered
959 Posts
So it’s quieter than a .22? I have sensitive ears, that’s why I’m so concerned.
My friend has one. It's perfectly fine. The sound mostly comes from the slide movement so it's not so much 'loud' as having a 'lot' of sound. I don't really know how to describe it. It's not sharp like an air rifle or air pistol.
It's not a firearm. There isn't really a bang.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Oh, ok, so it’s quieter than an air rifle, we good here bois. 😂

·
Registered
959 Posts
Oh, ok, so it’s quieter than an air rifle, we good here bois.
I should say that I meant one of the break barrel air rifles with the loud crack.
Not the super quiet pcp ones.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I have a break barrel .177 pellet rifle, it’s pretty dang quiet.

I just shot that after taking the picture and it’s super loud in a small room, just a heads up. 🤧

·
Registered
959 Posts
Basically, to surmise, it's the good kind of loud.
It's noticeable and sounds great, but it doesn't hurt your ears.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
I want blow back for real world training. I don’t get much actual real pistol shooting in, so this should definitely help a lot .

·
Super Moderator
3,726 Posts
My total load out (if I do decide to get this) will be over $1,000. Does that mean I’m insane? Or dedicated?
LOL that is truly nothing. My M4 costs more then your entire loadout. My m4 is about $1200, my bolty is $1800, not to mention the other 10 AEGs I own or the 8 pistols. Then there is the 3 "vests" I own, and the 7 sets of different camo. 3 of which came from grey-shop. So...

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
How did an M4 cost US$1200.00?
My most expensive one is only about US$700 and that is as 3.3 joules. (SR25)
My best assault rifle is only about US$600.00 (I have not met a person who was not amazed at this gun. Everyone wants one)

·
Registered
959 Posts
How did an M4 cost US$1200.00?
My most expensive one is only about US$700 and that is as 3.3 joules. (SR25)
My best assault rifle is only about US$600.00 (I have not met a person who was not amazed at this gun. Everyone wants one)
Laughs in Umbrella Armoury m4.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Super Moderator
3,726 Posts
Laughs in HPA.

All the HPA bits in it. P* FE $500, Edgi 6.03 $100, Redline gen 1 airstock $300 (could be wrong about the price on this might have been $250), Amped line kit $35, Red poppet $35, Nozzle $18, Shim kit $15, 13/3000 tank $90, hop up unit $60, bucking $10, batteries $10, QEVs (x2 $25) $50. That alone, is $1173 before taxes and shipping. I also bought 3 of those air tanks, I only factored in one, like wise with the batteries. But you get the idea.

Reactions: SiliconeSword
121 - 140 of 180 Posts