Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Hi Forum. Im am looking for a base gun that is unique and will do damage. I have unlimited money for upgrades but as always if it is cheaper and good I will take it.
First Thing I like is the Barrett M82 From SnowWolf.
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-SW99-02.htm
I know the gun suck for the moneys But it is a clone so we all know it a fixer upper.
I would probably Start with The Accuracy system.
So I would probably get a 6.03 from madbull or prommy or maybe Angel Custom.
Then maybe a Systema Hopup Chamber.
And a Guarder Black Nub. With a SCS Nub.
Then a Matrix gearbox but I really don't know if those are consistent if they aren`t I can always re shim and grease and follow like they holy grail of Dmrs thing.
Or here is my other option.
Same thing or I could change. But with this.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=35929
G&G M16 Dmr.
Thank you for reading this Post.
I know it is hectic to read but I just love listing things.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Start off with a Tokyo Marui (if you have unlimited munehs)
Prometheus or Systema for hop up chamber.
Prommy or EDGI Barrel
Systema Internals
Systema or G&P Motor

Regrease and Reshim, tune up and... BAM! Holy DMR.

Thats all just in my opinion. Its what I am gunna end up doing.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok First of all im kinda of a anti TM person. I know weird lol. But fine I dont have that much unlimited money. How bout give or take 50 on a budget of 600.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummm? I was expecting that I am a anti Kwa rifle supporter but I love they pistols. Fine attack me on this I dont care. I would go with G&P but I would like something unique hence why I have a Barrett on my list.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are a great deal of post here in these forums that are full of intel on which gun to use as a DMR.

Responding to your first post - stay away from the M82 Snow Wolf. Fun gun to look at and shoot bb's out of for target shooting and plinking. In game use, it's a paper weight.

Do not put money into a Matrix/AIM mechbox. JG's mechboxes are better base to work from.

My choices for DMR's and I own a couple DMR set ups.
KWA
G&P
G&G

There are a few other decent brands out there & with time, effort and money, you can make any of them shoot well.

Prommy barrel - yes.

The G&G M16 dmr you linked to. DON'T DO IT! I really do not understand why Evike mixed a fixed rear sight A2 body with a modern RAS in their latest custom build. Just does not look right and will limit optic options. Sure you can attach a rail on top of the "carrying handle" and then mount any scope rings/scope up there, but WHY!?!?!
You are better off getting -
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_218&products_id=36092
still has a nylon fiber upper/lower receiver.

Be prepare to tinker with the internals to achieve "DMR" results.

G&G M14's make a real nice DMR fairly easy. If an M14 is an option to you.

KWA for the win though in my book. I've had success with multiple KWA guns.

Just my two cents...

*edit - Of course starting off with a higher quality gun will mean no need to swap out mechboxes, or change some of the internals.
personal preferences etc.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I guess after getting attacked but I do agree snow wolf suks. so Here are new options.
G&G m14 Black Non veteran. Ill just take couple upgrades.
G&P m16VN Because I am Viet and a huge Vietnam war era gun fan. Ill just get a carry handle scope mount.
VFC m16 E series.
The Worst of the group KWA m16a2
The Best of the group a Walmart m4 clear body with polar star internals.

·
Registered
118 Posts
AHP said:
G&P is a great gun but you would need to tweek and upgrade if you are going to make into a DMR.
That's pretty much the case with any brand, but I do find I get
results easier with both KWA and G&P's. G&G coming in third.

nelsonho396 said:
Ok I guess after getting attacked but I do agree snow wolf suks. so Here are new options.
G&G m14 Black Non veteran. Ill just take couple upgrades.
G&P m16VN Because I am Viet and a huge Vietnam war era gun fan. Ill just get a carry handle scope mount.
VFC m16 E series.
The Worst of the group KWA m16a2
The Best of the group a Walmart m4 clear body with polar star internals.
Attacked? Ha!

G&G M14 (black) is a very sweet gun, or can become one. Magazines for them are pricey, and at times difficult to find for sale (out of stock a lot). I posted up a few times what I've done to my M14 and it is capable of shooting accurately at a really good distances for AEG standards.

I've been a 'Nam nut probably longer than you've been alive.

I wouldn't go with the G&P VN as a DMR though...well to each his own. It would make for a very nice gun though.
Actually there's a local 'Nam game coming up and I recently purchased a G&G M16a2 that was converted over to a M733.
With a couple changes to the gun I can have a XM177 look a like,
or a "Blackhawk Down, Delta" M733. I did not corner myself with one specific look, or set up with a gun that's era specific.

KWA M16a2 as your worse choice - oy vey! Hey, less KWA's on the field the happier I am! If you went with an KWA M16a2 though, you might as well spend a bit more for the SR12, or even SR10.

I can't comment on VFC. I hear good things about them, but they are rare around my woods. Don't come across many. I did mess with their SCAR Mk16 a couple years back and it shot nice and definitely won out in the looks category.

G&G M14 with a little investment of time and money would not disappoint. Though what you save in the cost of the gun and a few upgrades the over all build cost would quickly rise with the cost of the magazines.

·
Registered
367 Posts
explosive said:
[quote author=ahp board=aeg thread=3299 post=29394 time=1313428534]G&P is a great gun but you would need to tweek and upgrade if you are going to make into a DMR.
That's pretty much the case with any brand, but I do find I get
results easier with both KWA and G&P's. G&G coming in third.

I have/had both a KWA and G&P M4. My G&P is my baby and the KWA is sold.
Both look great on the outside and if you are going to build a DMR you will fix the internals. I would just find it hard to get parts for the KWA than the G&P.

Keep in mind, I am a TM and G&P guy.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So This is my idea on a cart.
Okay so G&G Black m14. 255 on Eyikes.
The almost freebie. 5 dollar special for a G&G mag.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=33011
So yippee 2 almost free mags.
A m130 spring 10 dollars.
I guess new tappet plate,spring guide, and air nozzle Ill just put that down as 35 dollars.
Thanks to explosive im think about that.
Or I can go G&P m16
Madbull tighty madbull 3-1 hopup which comes with blue bucking.
M130 Spring and a Ics turbo 3000.
BTW Explosive yesterday I was at a Vietnam Vet Reunion. Came back home at 12 am. Now its 12 pm

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was in the 'Nam in a former life.... ;) joke, but yeah, since the 80's I've had a interest in Vietnam in all aspects.

to AHP - I fought and fought with my G&P's. I mean to the point they nearly ended up in a dumpster.
Then I broke through with at least with one of them and now it's my sweat heart. G&P Zombie body, KWA SR10 RAS, & Magpul parts (before Magpul ended up on every M4 under the Sun). She's my CQB gun chrono'ng at 380, but easily has range and accuracy to be a field gun.
G&P's are real nice, but can just be a headache project also.

With KWA's. I can and have just changed the spring and barrel and achieved results equal or better to $1000, custom DMR builds. That's my argument with KWA's. For realistic and durability KWA hands down. All I can tell people is, when I go to a large game (out of state OPs) I only pack two KWA's. Yeah two for that "just in case", but also for a change up if so desired.

To nelsonho396 -
G&G M14
that $5 special for a high cap? those high caps work well, just rattle (like all high caps do).
Reinforced tappet plate is a must in my opinion.
new air nozzle (AUG nozzle) is a must in my opinion. both made of brittle plastic
I have a M120 spring in my M14 and it shoots 460ish FPS. Low 400's with heavier bb's.
Just got some Goldenball .30's in today that I'm going to run through my M14 tonight.
With a Element M120 spring, some DYI mods and a Systema barrel I can accurately
hit the back side of a mail box at 189-193ft. Over and over again...consistently with WE .28 bb's.
I can hit a 4' utility box at 270ft. I can't recall hit/miss ratio and knew I should of started a log book. Say probably 4 out of 10 times. I'm wonder if that could be improved with a better quality bb?
I installed a M120 spring, because anything more and it will require a short torque motor, so keep that in mind. I have a short torque motor. Had a Guarder one when I started the build, but really wanted to test out the stock motor. In semi it does fine. In full out it struggles a bit. A torque motor will just make everything that much better though.

You should appreciate this. I will send you a photo of my G&G M733 tomorrow if I remember to snap a photo of it.
It's got a LRRP can on the front of it and OD 100mph tape at angles all over it.
minus the tape:

I plan on getting a CAR15 stock for it & Xm177 flash hider at some point in the future.

With G&P, post a link of what you're eyeing. Also, the newer G&P hop ups are pretty damn good, so save your money. Spend it on a Prometheus barrel 509mm. I've found Systema buckings and both ECHO1 H nubs and SCS nubs to be real good when it comes to G&P hop ups and a nice tightbore barrel.

Also keep in mind. M16 is lighter, shorter vs. a M14. You have to have a love for M14's to use it on a regular basis.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I guess here are all the links. Personally I hate the look of m14 and I just hate kwa it like I cant explain it. If someone walks around with a kwa sure what ever be proud. I walk around I hate it.
So here a cart on what I want.
G&P m16vn because a3 and kwas are ugly.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_219&products_id=35273
Of Course we all know what a prommy is but I am complementing for the money I waste with a prommy I can just get a Edgi barrel. Just dish out a little more. So back to thinking. Maybe Ill go with a madbull 6.03
So Ill stay with the same hopup and maybe go with a scs nub.
After that I will try to get the gun up to 400+ with the m120 spring.
Then get this. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_107_292&products_id=25626
And a scope 3-9x 40 by tasco.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.