Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! (Hi doctor Nick!)

Anyways...

I recently got this price for something strange and won 1700usd to use on airsoft. The money i dont spend will be returned. This is why i want to burn my money getting the best possible gun for it. Ive been looking at custom GBB M4, Systema PTW M4 but figured out i want precision over anything else. The systema might give me that precision i dont know. I usualy shoot with airrifles and Im getting the hang of it.

Now I need to choose PTW or Sniper. Problem is, im totally new to airsoft so i dont know quite what to do. The PTW is easy since you get a full piece and you know its the best. With snipers how ever its quite different as sniper cost like 200usd and you got endless upgrades. (Why cant one brand just make full metall 1000-1500 sniper rifle with 600fps etc?)

So my question, and where i need aid is: What weapon would be a good base? I allrerady got a sucky L96, but its a CHEAP china clone with no options for upgrades.

I would also need help picking out what upgrades to get. My limit here in Norway is 550fps and it would have to be BOLT-ACTION.

What kind of gun i dont really care. (edit: as long as it preforme) Personally i like em big, but thats not so practical.

How far will this be able to shoot? Im used to fire at targets from about 100meters... This one will shoot longer then 30meters right? (and stay on its course)

Someone could also explain the difference in range and accuracy between an upgraded sniper and the PTW m4.

Thanks for helping me guys! And i know its unfair i got the money when really i totaly suck. But with this money price would not need to be put in concideration. I dont want anything a little worse, just because its cheaper.

Hopw this is something i can be helped with... Heard rumours the VSR is a good base. I have no clue

Edit after i came over a thread:

"It has been my experience that nearly new players comes on our group forums "wanting the best "sniper" 3 tenth of a second after they state they have some experience pwning NOOBs in their back yard and they no military tactic from counter strike. ""

Well, he nearly explained me in full. Though i dont know any millitary tactics... ;)

Still, I have used some AEGs, and im more into the shooting down soda cans from as far away as possible rather then shooting 250 rounds at nothing. Its not alot of gaming around where i live.

I also could spend 220usd on a TM MP5 SD as a secondary gun + it could be used for shooting full auto if i feel like it.

And heres the kicker; this/these guns will be free for me. So i will be able to get another gun if i want to.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shoot, if your able to get guns for free can you pick me up one and sjip it to me? Lol, just kidding bro (but if you really wanted to I wouldn't be kidding
). Anyways, as for a good rifle, any of the VSR Spring Bolt-Action rifles would do good, especially the VSR-10. If your looking for a cheaper rifle with just as many upgrade as the VSR-10, get the JG BAR-10, it's the rifle I have and although I have not upgraded it yet, it can be upgraded just as much as the VSR... in fact, every upgrade that you can do to the VSR you can do to the BAR-10. From the spring to the barrel.

So, like I said if you want something expensive, go for the VSR-10, if you want something cheap but effective with tons and tons of upgrades, get the BAR-10. Just ask anyone on here, they would recommend the BAR-10 to any player.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, like I said, if price is not an option go with the VSR-10, more money but it's not a clone of anything. The BAR-10 (the rifle I have) is a direct clone of the VSR-10 (hence why you can use all of the upgrades from the VSR-10 in the BAR-10) but is a lot less expensive, I got mine for 100 dollars shipped, and has about the same fps as the VSR-10 (I think). I honestly would have taken the VSR-10 as well but I couldn't afford it. I hoped I helped you. And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
111 Posts
PTW M4 is the best AEG on the market with revolutionary gearbox's, undeniable quality, and some of the best techies behind the rifle and the Systema name.

But this is not a rifle for a sniper.

If you like them big and want a sniper rifle go with the Maruzen L96.

If you want something a little smaller and the more "traditional" look then I would go with the Classic Army M24.

After that there is the Tokyo Marui VSR-10 and the Maruzen APS2.

I have the Maruzen APS2 because it is a more traditional looking rifle, a replica of the Styre SSG PIV, and has an outstanding amount of aftermarket parts.

But all three of these rifles have widely available parts with the VSR having the most and I would probably say the M24 with the least available due to the hop-up being a pain in the ass to find.

Honestly its really all about aesthetics when it comes to upgraded sniper rifles.

Put my APS2 against Livonias L96 against Embeds M24 they will all function practicly the same which is why its more about the prson behind the rifle.

If you are here even considering dumping this money on an AEG do it because that means this role is NOT for you. If your going to run and gun threw people that being a Scout/Sniper is no the role for you.

Its all about patients over firepower, accuracy over ammunition, and silence over the balls-to-the wall badassery.

Snipers are the unsung heros of warfare and thats how it should stay. You dont hear about the sniper that shot the terrorist right before launching an RPG into a Humvee of our troops. You hear about the squadron that are a close tight knit brotherhood that rolled threw the streets cluttered with hostiles and IEDs, busting down doors and taking out the enemy and frankly thats how it should stay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with you 100% Roman. And also, sorry if my posts on what rifle to get sucked Roman. I am new to the sniper role and dont yet know much about the different types of rifles for snipers... those were the only two that I could think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have money to blow get one of these: http://righthookfabrication.googlepages.com/

You don't have to do anything to it. They're basically highly modified Tanakas.

If you don't know what you're doing and get a VSR etc. you will spend $1000us on upgrades, then break things, find out it's not what you want and then $500 of your own money later it will eventually work.

Otherwise a Tanaka is good and fairly easy to upgrade. Probably run about $1000us - just a regulator setup like the MagnumBB Coldshot, barrel, hop unit and hop rubber.

Most people go the upgrade spring rifle route because the cost is spread out over time. You don't have to worry about that so a high-end gas rifle will be great.

Or a Real Sword SVD is about $800us. They're new and from what I've seen, you could happily use it as a sniper rifle/DMR out of the box.

Alternatively, if you want spring, you could commission someone to build one for you.

·
Registered
299 Posts
How much the variation is from shot to shot.

For example, if I shoot a five shot group and they chrono at 450, 467, 444, 455, and 449, you average the shots. Add them together and then divide by the total number of shots. In this instance the sum of all the shots (2265) divided by the total number of shots (5) makes the average FPS 453. But the spread is pretty big. Saying your gun shoots 453 fps is a little inaccurate because it was all over the place. The +/- deviation is the greatest difference from average that you chrono'd at. In this case the +/- would be 9.

The closer the +/- # is to zero, the more consistent your gun is.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have been talking to the Right hook guys, and been finding out that they will use either the Tanaka or the KJW. Which ever they can get there hands on to use. But they will charge the same for both. Don't know about you but I really don't wanna spend 1K+ for a KJW. But for a tanaka sure.

Just talk to them if you really want to make sure that yours is going to be a Tanaka.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.