Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What moa are you guys running on your pistol reddots?

i have reddots on 2 of my 3 hicapas, dont know moa size on them. I love my fake c-more but it’s starting to turn on, turn off randomly. so considering buying a real one, those come in 2-4-6-8-12 and 16 moa.
pistol is used mostly 0-20m. Considering 8 moa,

what do you guys prefer?
ben

·
Registered
516 Posts
There was a time I was really struggling between MOA vs. MIL
But the truth is the size doesn’t really matter for airsoft, less so if you’re going to use a pistol whose engagement distance are usually less than 100 feet
The bigger issue I think would be which one/size/shape reticle would help you acquire the target faster

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes it is for pistol, both as primary in cqb and and as a secondary for field play with 20-30meter minimum engagement distance. I agree completely, faster target aquisition is what im looking for, bigger and brighter=faster, but at some point dot becomes the limit of how small the size of target you Can accurately aim at. I have only played with small moa sizes, just Dont know what specific size. I know i want bigger dot , but dont know how big …

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
He means MOA as in size of the dot, not the adjustment size, that's usually 1/4 and 1/2 MOA for most optics.

I don't own any dots with the MOA advertised, but I'd just watch a couple YouTube videos and see what the hardcore 2011 (gun, not year) guys use as they shoot at airsoft ranges usually, and very fast.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes exactly, im asking People how big the dot in the window on their red dot is. im aware that most airsoft reddots dont tell that detail, but i hope that the people who is running real steel reddots Will let me know what they prefer.

i had an Old eotech holo dot on a assault rifle, i Think it was a 1moa dot with a big circle around it. Way to small dot for my liking..

alot of rs rmr dots is 3-6 moa, seems like alot of competition shooters, ipsc n such run bigger dots 6-12moa.

i want the biggest dot possible, but offcourse not so big it becomes an obstruction at the distances we are shooting at and our targets, the tip of an elbow, a hand, top of a helmet On short distances, heads, legs torsos on longer distances..

oppinions are appriciated :)

ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts