Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the situation, I have a PDI Palsonite Cylinder Set with a hard piston. On the very top of the piston is an O-ring, and this O-ring keeps falling off. I use a 380% spring, which might explain why it falls off, but I have to constantly re-glue the O-ring on every 500 shots or so. PDI says to use superglue, but superglue doesn't hold rubber to metal very well unless you have some extremely good stuff. I was wondering if any other sniper had a problem with this, and if they did, how did they fix it. Also any extremely good superglue names are good too, thanks.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Myself and Embed have both had the same problem with vacuum pistons. They suck, get yourself a cup design piston like the Laylax Element 3 or a Guarder lightweight. They are incredibly quiet too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What kind of cylinder head are you using? If you use Taper style cylinder head, you can freely remove the O-ring since it's there to dampen the sound when it hits the cylinder head.. In taper cylinder heads the piston wont hit the cylinder head on that area where the O-ring is at, so you can throw it away. If you're using a Damper type cylinder head, remove the O-ring from the piston anyway... and glue a larger O-ring to the cylinder head, about the same size as the piston main O-ring. This is more reliable way to operate, and it makes it a bit quieter too while there's a larger buffer between the piston and the cylinder head

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Go to a hobby shop and look for a glue called dope. Now don't laugh... this stuff is the bomb. In ilke 3 sec. it will be solid as a rock. I have glued a school desk to the wall when I was in high school ;)

Either that or just do as livonia says and get a piston cup... planning on it myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would Laylax work well in a PDI cylinder set? I was told to try to stick PDI parts to PDI? But for now I'll try woogie's advice with the dope since I have a skrimish in three days. But I'm going to toy around with nakkis's idea (it is a taper cylinder head) , and see how that goes. Thanks for all of your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.